Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Just took off my p1sc-1 getting ready for the F1A

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 02:24 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just took off my p1sc-1 getting ready for the F1A

So, I took off my p1sc-1, and I tell you, it spins just like butter with my hand. Feels like a turbo almost. It's fully broken in, and it feels like it would not take that much power away from the set up. Then I went to my f1A and tried to spin it by hand. Omg it is so tight it's not even funny. I am so surprised how easy it is to turn the p1sc-1. It has 10k miles on it.

Anybody with f1s, do you know, if they will get easier over time to turn? Will it loosen over time, like my p1sc did. I think it is perfect how it spins now, I don't see how belt slip would be a huge issue on my p1sc-1. In the beginning, years ago, I had belt slip, but to come to think about, it went away.
Its perfect I would say now. I can see how belt slip will be an issue on the f1 the way it sits. It is so tough to turn by hand. Again, not even funny.

I am going to be selling the p1sc-1 soon also. Heads up, before I officially list it. I kinda promised it to a guy, I will email him, to see if he still wants it.

Really it served me well, and I prob would of made the power I wanted honestly if I just up the boost. But I got a bug in me, and had to drop some money for the F1A. I am looking for 800 wheel. I hope I get that on 15 lbs. I have nitrous also, if it does not quite make it.

I bought the F1a from Bob, I am extremly happy with it. I can't wait. Thanks Bob..

I also blew my rear end last week, and I kinda figured, it was time to do the fuel system and bolt the blower on now. As I am waiting for a rear end. I have not ordered it yet. But I want the Dana 60, I love the Dana. Also, I seen tests, believe or not, the Dana only eats 7 percent HP, 9 inch 15 percent, 12 bolt 11 percent.

I have read and seen test to verify this fact. The pinion with the ring gear on the 9 inch is really low, and that is what eats all the power. Even though the 9 inch may be stronger, I don't think I will have a problem, I seen the Dana in 2000 hp machines.
Only down side it weighs 25 pounds more than the 12 and 10 lbs more than the 9. Again, not a big deal, the weight is in the right spot.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 228 Likes on 161 Posts

The F series has a diff step up ratio, so it will feel diff anyway
Old 07-30-2015, 06:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's a thread I posted a while back asking a similar question...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...iscussion.html
Old 07-30-2015, 07:23 AM
Launching!

I know it has a different step up ratio. However, the p1sc-1 feels like butter, I can turn it hard and it will do more than one rotation, or at least a rotation on its own. Try that with the f1, the sec you take your hand away, it stops turning. I am just thinking the p1 is broken in. I hope the f1 breaks in also. When I fist got the p1 I had belt slip issues, but they went away, I am assuming the blower broke in. I have 10 k miles on it. Awesome blower actually, I loved it. I am sure it takes much more hp to turn a new d1 or a new p1 than a broken in one. I am just seeing if others experienced the same thing, or if they noticed it, when they take the blower off. I am curious, I like to spin a new d1 or a new p1 to see if how tight they are compared to mine.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

my f1a was harder to spin than my d1
Old 07-30-2015, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Yeah, I am not suprised how hard it is to spin the f1a, I am suprised how easy it is to spin the p1sc-1. That I am wondering if I had a new p1 or d1 would it be tight. And I wonder over a period of time in use, do they get easier to spin. And if this is not the case, then wow, what a big difference from the p1/d1 to an f1.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:09 AM
Staging Lane

I would call procharger they are really good at customer service and get the answer from the manufacturer techs..
Old 08-02-2015, 12:03 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Of course the P1 is easier to spin than the F1 for a couple reasons stated above. First is the stepup gear ratio, it is smaller in the p1 than the f1, so you have more leverage. Second, the f1 is moving more air than the p1, so even at a low rpm, you are moving more air. Lastly, you are correct about it not being broken in yet. If you haven't spun it yet on the car, all of those bearings and gear contacts are still fresh and need to wear in and be heat treated before they loosen up.

So, no worries, put it on and spin away.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Of course the P1 is easier to spin than the F1 for a couple reasons stated above. First is the stepup gear ratio, it is smaller in the p1 than the f1, so you have more leverage. Second, the f1 is moving more air than the p1, so even at a low rpm, you are moving more air. Lastly, you are correct about it not being broken in yet. If you haven't spun it yet on the car, all of those bearings and gear contacts are still fresh and need to wear in and be heat treated before they loosen up.

So, no worries, put it on and spin away.
I am in the process of putting it on now, dude I cant wait.. But I cant get over how nice the p1sc-1 feels when it spins, I turned it again the other day, one hard turn, the thing spins like 3 rotations, it feels like butter. I can almost guarantee, no one will have belt problems with it. I do remember when I bought it, I did have belt slip issues, but they went away. I just hope the F1 breaks in nice like this. And I do realize it is a 5.4 step up gear. I like to know what the HP parasitic loss comparison from the F1 to D1 is. D1s are really bad *** blowers, to tell you the truth. I think this issue is more relevant than people think.

Maybe you can help me also.

So I just bought a Ractronics complete dual 340s kit. With 8 and a 6 line, what I am thinking , I have a ls2/3 rail. I was thinking of running the stock fuel line as a return, and feed the number 8 line into the front of the rail, and the stock original feed line as a return. That way, the system looks stock. Which I like that look, also I can leave the stock fuel system intact also. All I have to do, is run a number 8 line down. I think that would work?

Quick Reply: Just took off my p1sc-1 getting ready for the F1A