Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

On3 Kit VS. Huron Speed V2 kit PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 07:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On3 Kit VS. Huron Speed V2 kit PLEASE HELP!

Okay guys, so I'm finally looking to make my dream of having a boosted WS6 a reality and really need some opinions and advice, real world experience with each kit. I've searched this forum over again and just looking for some more reassuance. I've seen way to many on3 kits to think it's just chinese junk and have seem both good and bad reviews. Are these kits still holding up?
I'm on a pretty harsh budget here (young kid in college) but I'm will to fork out some money to do it right and still somewhat budget friendly the first time so I don't have to do it again.
This isn't a track car! Just a weekend street car that will see some abuse and fun having but I want it reliable!! Is my main concern. Will this setup I have listed hold up and last me years to come? And would it matter which turbo kit I choose really. I would love to reach my goal of about 600rwhp with the possible of being able to turn it up some.
Engine
-2004 5.3 150k
-Stock crank
-Wiesco forged pistons
-Callies forged rods
-ARP head studs / Rod bolts
-LS9 gaskets
-Stock 706 heads
-Turbo can
My main concern is which kit do I buy and why?? I'm new to boost and I'm still learning so I want the kit as complete as possible without having my car down for a year chasing lose ends. Thanks for all the help!!
Old 08-04-2015, 07:54 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On3 is crap but for what it costs you can find a used one for next to nothing. If you really are on a strict budget its worth grabbing one to get you at least started and then upgrade to something nicer later on. Esp your goals of 600 will not take much to get
Old 08-04-2015, 08:00 AM
Teching In

See I keep hearing about a huge cost difference but unless I'm doing something wrong I'm lost really. I see that the baseline cost for the kits is a pretty big difference. But I've compared both side by side and it seems that with all the options and upgrades running the same turbo. There's only about a $1400 difference between the two kits.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:16 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen used go for cheap even sold a on3 for 1000 with a turbo in great shape
Old 08-04-2015, 11:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been running the Huron Speed kit for 4 seasons without any issues - I say do it right the first time
Old 08-04-2015, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

HuronSpeed here and its worth the earlier investment. Especially the V2 kit. I wish I had it but my V1 kit is still "trucking" along
Old 08-04-2015, 02:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

thanks for the compliments guys!

if anyone has ANY questions about our kits please feel free to ask. you can even PM or email me at casey@huronspeed.com and I will be happy to provide great pricing, and advice on which kit is right for you!

to the OP, I think you'll like what we have in store for you!

-Casey

YOUR SOURCE FOR ALL THINGS TURBO!
CASEY@HURONSPEED.COM
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
TWITTER @HURONSPEED
Old 08-04-2015, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Not to mention they have a few kits on the shelf right now so pull the trigger and be running that bad boy by next month!
Old 08-05-2015, 09:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 497 Likes on 384 Posts

Huron V1 AC Kit over here. Fits great and found just the hotside on here for $600.00 Pieced the rest together myself, I think I have about $3,000 in the whole build, I did have some parts on the car already though too. If your really on a tight budget, be patient and wait for a Huron V1 truck manifold kit to pop up on here then grab it and save a ton. There will definitely be people upgrading to the V2 kit but the V1 kit is still plenty bad ***.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

Huron Speed Kit all damn day. Hands down. Like everyone else says, do it right the first time. I have the V2 twin kit and could not be happier with the look, ease of install and over all quality of the kit.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:23 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks guys! We are Lsx F-body guys, this is our main market. With that being said we have 4 different kits on the market to choose from, all of which have been designed from our knowledge on the cars, feedback from customers, and research in knowing what you the customer wants. We have the right materials in the right spots to ensure your kit not only performs but lasts! Finally, we are here for you. Casey and I are right here on the forum supporting the market, helping our customers, and answering questions. We also have full 7 day a week e-mail customer support to help you out every step of the way from getting the right kit and components, completing your purchase, support along the way, to help with any install questions, and support after you are up and enjoying the kit and new found power!

I promise you will be happy with a Huron Speed kit, our goal is to make our customers 100% satisfied!

We are here to help direct by e-mail or through our website, as well as right here at home on LS1tech supporting to help every day!

Jon

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Old 08-06-2015, 07:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree with the rest of these guys. If you're going to go with a complete kit and not build one yourself, save yourself the headache and get the Huron Speed kit. As you can see, the boys over there are on this forum all the time helping the guys out with questions they have about their kits, and also providing support once you start installing it.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a on3 kit. The manifolds they supply have all the air and egr stuff still on them. So you should probably pick up some without that crap. The cold side isn't that great as far as fitment and intercooler mount. The exhaust after the k member was the wrong length and had to cut it to fit the exhaust hangers. I would recommend the Huron kit. The v2 looks pretty nice. If my car was nice and a daily driver I probably would have sold the on3 kit. I saw a build thread about how great everything fit great. That's why a bought it. Was kinda disappointed when I started to install it.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Superman09
Thanks guys! We are Lsx F-body guys, this is our main market. With that being said we have 4 different kits on the market to choose from, all of which have been designed from our knowledge on the cars, feedback from customers, and research in knowing what you the customer wants. We have the right materials in the right spots to ensure your kit not only performs but lasts! Finally, we are here for you. Casey and I are right here on the forum supporting the market, helping our customers, and answering questions. We also have full 7 day a week e-mail customer support to help you out every step of the way from getting the right kit and components, completing your purchase, support along the way, to help with any install questions, and support after you are up and enjoying the kit and new found power!

I promise you will be happy with a Huron Speed kit, our goal is to make our customers 100% satisfied!

We are here to help direct by e-mail or through our website, as well as right here at home on LS1tech supporting to help every day!

Jon

I really appreciate your response on here John! An everyone else for the information and advice. As you probably already know I've spoke with Casey some about getting a kit together within my budget! An as long as my funds are in order I couldn't be more excited! But I'll have you know even if I have to wait a little longer to purchase a kit, I've chosen Huron Speed hands down!
Old 08-06-2015, 01:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Huron Speed hands down. The quality is second to none and their customer service is better than anyone I have ever been associated with. They helped me a lot during my build and I can't thank them enough for it.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by xLastOfTheBreedx
I really appreciate your response on here John! An everyone else for the information and advice. As you probably already know I've spoke with Casey some about getting a kit together within my budget! An as long as my funds are in order I couldn't be more excited! But I'll have you know even if I have to wait a little longer to purchase a kit, I've chosen Huron Speed hands down!
Awesome, looking forward to having you on board! Casey will take good care of getting you set up and should you need anything else you can always feel free to contact me as well

Jon

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Old 08-08-2015, 05:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

thank you so much for the great words everyone!

as always, if you want to see what were about, send me a message! we treat everyone the same, if you want to join the huron speed family that's great! if you decide to go elsewhere we respect that too! our goal is and always has been, from day one, to please every customer, and make this hobby affordable for the everyday car enthusiast!

-Casey

YOUR SOURCE FOR ALL THINGS TURBO!
CASEY@HURONSPEED.COM
TWITTER @HURONSPEED
Old 08-08-2015, 11:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you can't tell already. Huron speed. My huron speed kit went on easy and worked great! Also who do you see on the site helping every day? I don't see on3 on here... Huron speed has good pricing, great quality, and good customer service. Can't ask for much more than that...
Old 08-09-2015, 08:24 AM
Changing Names

both kits are chinese................
Old 08-09-2015, 08:37 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ScreamingL
both kits are chinese................

Quick Reply: On3 Kit VS. Huron Speed V2 kit PLEASE HELP!