Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Smallest radiator for use with 100% methanol

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 12:19 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm in the process of converting the truck over to methanol. I can tell you, there is nothing more annoying than dragging ice to the track, constantly packing the intercooler tank, draining, repacking, and then realizing 120lbs of ice wasn't enough. I'm done with that ****.

Only way I'll ever do the a2w thing again is if I have an ice maker in the trailer.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown06
I'm in the process of converting the truck over to methanol. I can tell you, there is nothing more annoying than dragging ice to the track, constantly packing the intercooler tank, draining, repacking, and then realizing 120lbs of ice wasn't enough. I'm done with that ****.

Only way I'll ever do the a2w thing again is if I have an ice maker in the trailer.
Yup i hear ya i'm def. trying to keep this build as simple as humanly possible!

On one of my local forums it was suggested to run a water tank out back to circulate water w/o ice with a Rule 3700 pump (which i actually have one sitting on my workbench at home never used and an extra 5gall cell) but not sure how well that will work w/o ice and draining/refilling as i'd think that water would stay pretty warm after circulating it though the heads and block??
Old 09-05-2015, 01:12 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Regular water works better than the a2a stuff from what I've heard, but not sure it's at home on a full race car. More of a street car thing.

Quick Reply: Smallest radiator for use with 100% methanol