Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Bolt in MAF mount

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Bolt in MAF mount

Im sure your sick of hearing custom made but it was. Just wanted it to be purple. 4" tube is .095 thick so there was enough meat for M3 threads plus its silicone stuck to it.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:05 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Not sick of custom made and as always the parts and finish are superb, but that MAF does look quite close to both a bend in the tubing, and the BOV.

Both of those things could affect its operation which can impact tuning.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Not sick of custom made and as always the parts and finish are superb, but that MAF does look quite close to both a bend in the tubing, and the BOV.

Both of those things could affect its operation which can impact tuning.

So you know I do value your input. I know how to make things but I have no claim to the finer points like tuning. Not yet anyway... I read that the MAF should be about a foot from the throttle body but so far or a least until now not heard of really any other variables. Its more or less set in stone at this point but I did install an inch thick honeycomb "air straightener" just before the MAF. There are a few things I have done that will ultimately leave some power on the table in the name of aesthetics. My cam selection the biggest offender. I want that bad *** rumpety rump idle that a true turbo cam really doesn't provide but that's what I wanted.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:58 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

I would definitely try it as is, but just keep an eye when tuning if MAF readings seem strange or tuning becomes difficult.

Ideally you want the MAF in a straight section of tube, no bends or leaks nearby etc. The honeycomb screen etc will help

Distance from the TB itself isnt so much of an issue, but all MAF's need smooth airflow.

Quick Reply: Bolt in MAF mount