Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Aisin Amr500 supercharger on a 5.3

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aisin Amr500 supercharger on a 5.3

I have a 2001 chevrolet silverado 2wd with a bone stock 5.3. I've been looking around for a cheap performance adder an I been look around turbos an supercharges. I've resently deleted the ac of ,y truck so I was looking to find a supercharger to put in its place but it seems there's nothing on the market for that. While screwing around on eBay looking at supercharges I stumbled across these Subaru or Nissan supercharges that people have used on motorcycles an vw air cooled motors. I was wondering if it would be even worth my time to buy one an make the brackets an stuff to run it in the ac compressors stock location an if it will give a decent increase in power.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:18 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

They would be way too small to make any amount of effort worthwhile. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 09-29-2015, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Those small blowers would not provide you with any measurable or worthwhile results, sorry.

What you need is a d1sc. And procharger offers an intercooled kit for your model of truck. Either find a used kit, or save your pennies and buy one new at tax return time.

Either way, you are going to want full length headers/true dual exhaust BEFORE adding a blower. Probably give your transmission some love before adding boost, as well.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

K thanks cuz I was thinking allot about it but I might look around or contact some local speed shops to see what they have or if they could build me a supercharger to bolt in place of where the a/c compressor was

Quick Reply: Aisin Amr500 supercharger on a 5.3