Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Comp Turbo CT43X 7675 with .96 housing twin setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comp Turbo CT43X 7675 with .96 housing twin setup

Was curious if anybody has tried this turbo I really like it through some homework i've done. I've only used Turbonetics for about 10 turbos and a couple Precisions. I was curious if anybody out there has any opinions on CompTurbo they seem to be good knowledgeable guys so any opinions would be greatly appreciated my setup is a twin setup.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

It is a new turbo for comp so I am not sure if you are going to get a lot of feedback on them. Comp was using the 79mm 100trim turbine wheel, which causes a ton of back pressure issues.

I am sure it will be comparable to a turbonetics 75/75 billet wheel ball bearing turbo.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Sorry i don't have any helpful info for you yet on my set-up which will be running twin Comp CT43 7879's w/ the .96 ar

Interested to see if anyone else has info on similar sized Comp turbos in a twin application i haven't found much on-line either
Old 11-20-2015, 12:23 PM
Teching In

Thats ok TRIXLSXSUPRA i was just curious if anybody had any input sounds like you are building a nice setup yourself i think it's gonna just come down to me trying out a new company as my option's are limited because i'm on center and don't want to change my setup because it's very clean looking. I'm a turbonetic's guy but they don't do on center and same with precision. I was curious on what kind of power you want to make SUPRA and thank's also for your input transam69230 it was greatly appreciated.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TRIXLSXSUPRA
Sorry i don't have any helpful info for you yet on my set-up which will be running twin Comp CT43 7879's w/ the .96 ar

Interested to see if anyone else has info on similar sized Comp turbos in a twin application i haven't found much on-line either
Do a google search, you will find a lot of people have had back pressure issues with that 79mm turbine wheel. That is the main reason why I didn't go with Comp and twin 76/79s on my setup.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:35 PM
Teching In

Ok thanks yeah I'm not using that setup turbo but I have seen some issues there when I looked around I will talk with comp about that I'm a huge fan of Turbonetics but like I said they do know more on center stuff hoe do you like your 7575's those were what I was gonna buy
Old 11-20-2015, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

From my limited research it seemed to me that most having backpressure issues were running a single turbo set-up but maybe i didn't dig deep enough.

I'd assume that with 2 turbos in T4 form and that sized exh. wheel and turbine a/r that there wouldn't be much issue.

Hopefully once my car is up and running i can share some data with you guys for anyone else considering these turbos.

When i spoke to the guys at Comp they assured me it wouldn't be an issue and said they'd take care of us if we needed something else to fit the set-up (not sure if that was just a sales pitch or not) and we'll see how willing they are to help in the future as i must say they have been good to deal with so far!

Fwiw i picked up the bling-bling units billet wheel, billet center section, oil-less etc

They jumped on board to partially sponsor them so maybe we're gineua pigs lol!
Old 11-20-2015, 05:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Trix, I'm glad you showed up first, cause I was going to call you out big time for being sponsored by comp... I remember you being pretty weary of using comp turbos, at first, too... Until they gave them to you. Lol.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DavidBoren
Trix, I'm glad you showed up first, cause I was going to call you out big time for being sponsored by comp... I remember you being pretty weary of using comp turbos, at first, too... Until they gave them to you. Lol.
Shoot i wish they GAVE them to me lol trust me i spent a good bit of cash for these suckers that's why i praying they work as advertised and either way hope they will support us as they said they would!

Btw sorry if this is a dumb question but what does the OP mean by the turbo being "on center"? Thanks
Old 11-20-2015, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

Nvm google is my friend lol now i understand the OP space issue and the need for said style of turbo
Old 11-20-2015, 06:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

I had to google it, as well. Lol. Turbobygarrett is my friend.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the people that where having trouble were runing the 100 trim turbine wheels. 75/75 instead of a something like a 75/83 that everybody else uses. Turbonetics and precision don't sell on center turbos for a reason.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:30 PM
Teching In

I know they don't sell on centers for a reason but it may not be what you think,just for the record my current on center setup makes great power and performs well. I've been out of the game for a while because I was busy building a new business but just for the record 8 years ago I was at 8.20's at 168 so I'm not somebody who doesn't understand the game Mr SBCGENLL and also it was on center. I don't want to fabricate all my manifolds and plumbing to run current turbo style or mid frame. There are great setups still making great power with on center and I'm getting all of 1600hp out of my current setup. I know I will be down about 5 percent using a on center verse a midframe with same turbos but I can afford to lose 100hp I'm looking to make 1800. I will say though I didn't want on center I spoke to my fabrication guy and was ready to change until I spoke with comp turbo I feel confident they can make me a turbo to substitute my supert76's that will make great power but again thank's for the input
Old 11-20-2015, 08:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sbcgenII
Most of the people that where having trouble were runing the 100 trim turbine wheels. 75/75 instead of a something like a 75/83 that everybody else uses. Turbonetics and precision don't sell on center turbos for a reason.
Its the 79/79 wheel and comp the only ones that use it, or did anyways.

Quick Reply: Comp Turbo CT43X 7675 with .96 housing twin setup