Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Wow, they are even selling TIAL knockoffs that say "Tial" and "Made in the USA" on it

Old 12-16-2015, 04:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Wow, they are even selling TIAL knockoffs that say "Tial" and "Made in the USA" on it

Dont want to post an ebay ad, because I think its not allowed...but I was surprised to see this. In the ad it says

Place of origin: Taiwan

And there is a serial number on it

These cant be genuine right? They look IDENTICAL
Old 12-16-2015, 04:15 PM
TECH Resident

There are vendors out of the USA selling them also. In their ads, you would NEVER know they are knockoffs, if in fact they ARE actually a knock off
Old 12-16-2015, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah they've been around for a few years. Here's a link that helps identifying a fake.

http://energiejapanparts.com/en/genuine-vs-fake/
Old 12-16-2015, 06:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

It's crazy the amount of fake **** out there and they're getting away with it
Old 12-16-2015, 10:30 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

China is in the knock off market. They strive to be the best.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:46 PM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

we have two of them on our coronet

Old 12-17-2015, 03:59 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by MrPotatoeHead
China is in the knock off market. They strive to be the best.
That's fine if they're selling in China

The legal ****** need to clamp down on selling these illegal products everywhere else in the world and of course the retailers selling them as it is ripping customers off and of course the manufacturers of the quality product.

Cops would nail you for harmlessly speeding in a heartbeat....places selling knock off goods robbing everyone, doing it very publicly and the police do what ?
Old 12-17-2015, 07:19 AM
8 Second Club

Demand drives the market. There are thousand page long threads in this section pointing people where to buy the ****. Hell the moderator uses it, I've bought China headers.. It's our own fault.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:25 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by oscs
Demand drives the market. There are thousand page long threads in this section pointing people where to buy the ****. Hell the moderator uses it, I've bought China headers.. It's our own fault.
There's nothing wrong with buying Chinese parts. That's a whole different thing than buying or selling counterfeit goods...not to mention counterfeit fully logo'd and claiming made in a country other than where it was made etc.
There are so many wrongs in doing that.

I'm sure if you started selling fake Nike gear or any similar big name sports brand....the police would be onto you in no time.

As said, the police etc are very proactive targeting motorists for doing little or no harm...where are they when all these counterfeit goods are doing big business harm, many of which will be local/native businesses.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:28 AM
8 Second Club

I see no difference other than a name slapped on a part. The China **** you buy now is no less of a knock off it just has a different name, Big whoop..
Old 12-17-2015, 07:30 AM
9 Second Club

I see no difference other than a name slapped on a part.
You do realise that is the main thing that makes a part a knock off ?

2 similar parts are just 2 similar parts and could be disputed. Once you start branding them with someone elses name/logo...it is 100% an illegal knock off.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:39 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
You do realise that is the main thing that makes a part a knock off ?

2 similar parts are just 2 similar parts and could be disputed. Once you start branding them with someone elses name/logo...it is 100% an illegal knock off.
Yes I'm well aware what makes something counterfeit. My point is your trying to justify buying China parts because it doesn't have the name stamped on it when I'm saying it's essentially they same thing. All the China crap that comes over here is a knock off. Some have actually competitors names on them and other don't. They are all the same thing in my book.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by roastin240
There are vendors out of the USA selling them also. In their ads, you would NEVER know they are knockoffs, if in fact they ARE actually a knock off

This is why we use Turbosmart and Precision, top quality and we buy direct. We do not carry knock off's of any kind and we do not search around for a way to make the most prophet.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

demand drives the market. There are thousand page long threads in this section pointing people where to buy the ****. Hell the moderator uses it, i've bought china headers.. It's our own fault.
this.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:35 AM
Teching In

People buy them because they work. No one wants to spend $300 on a real TiAL when you can purchase a china knock off for $35, and it be functional.

But yes, there are lots of people out there who sell the knock offs as genuine TiALs, which is a problem. I know vendors on here who sell them as genuine, but they are knockoffs and they price them according to genuine ones. Not gonna name names, but I've seen the knock offs in their photos.

Originally Posted by Matt@Tick
This is why we use Turbosmart and Precision, top quality and we buy direct. We do not carry knock off's of any kind and we do not search around for a way to make the most prophet.
Lots of Turbosmart knock offs out there as well. TiAL's are not the only ones. But buying direct is the only sure way to get the genuine product these days.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

He's got it right.

I too use China parts, but they are the "obvious" ones, not ture clones. You have to draw the line somewhere.

All the China crap that comes over here is a knock off. Some have actually competitors names on them and other don't. They are all the same thing in my book.

But I 100% disagree there. When you buy this junk, you are introducing it to the market. If you make the desicion to buy one with no name on it thats obviosuly China, it will never be sold as a "geniune" product. When you but the 100% counterfit with name/logo and #s on it, you are further satruating the market with parts that could be resold as genuine with driectly effects the sales on Tial products.

Last edited by coltboostin; 12-17-2015 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Matt@Tick
Matt, I think Turbosmart is made in Australia, right? The one I've always been curious about is the Precision wastegate. Are those made in China with good quality control?
Old 12-17-2015, 10:00 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by TexasTTWS6
People buy them because they work. No one wants to spend $300 on a real TiAL when you can purchase a china knock off for $35, and it be functional.

But yes, there are lots of people out there who sell the knock offs as genuine TiALs, which is a problem. I know vendors on here who sell them as genuine, but they are knockoffs and they price them according to genuine ones. Not gonna name names, but I've seen the knock offs in their photos.Lots of Turbosmart knock offs out there as well. TiAL's are not the only ones. But buying direct is the only sure way to get the genuine product these days.
Wrong! People use them because they are cheap. There are just as many failures as success stories however you don't hear about them because people don't want to admit they got burned. It's the almighty dollar and that's it. Again I'm not claiming I'm above it. My $167 China manifolds kickass. I'm just not oblivious to the reality which is half the **** is garbage.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:17 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by coltboostin
He's got it right.

I too use China parts, but they are the "obvious" ones, not ture clones. You have to draw the line somewhere.

But I 100% disagree there. When you buy this junk, you are introducing it to the market. If you make the desicion to buy one with no name on it thats obviosuly China, it will never be sold as a "geniune" product. When you but the 100% counterfit with name/logo and #s on it, you are further satruating the market with parts that could be resold as genuine with driectly effects the sales on Tial products.
Ill agree with this. This is vastly different than buying obvious china knock off ****
Old 12-17-2015, 10:33 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tjabo
Matt, I think Turbosmart is made in Australia, right? The one I've always been curious about is the Precision wastegate. Are those made in China with good quality control?
Precision is 100% made in the USA and most of the Turbosmart products are made in Australia.

We have never had a Turbosmart unit fail or give problems in house. We also do alot of setups with CO2 boost controllers and have never had a cap leak on us.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wow, they are even selling TIAL knockoffs that say "Tial" and "Made in the USA" on it