Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

*Vs 77/83* turbo g body

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 06:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive done a ton of ls Swaps but I have no experience tuning efi, only the carb stuff. The microsquirt does seems pretty straight forward and easy to navigate through but I can't seem to get this thing to idle at all. Fires up and dies immediately if I'm not on the throttle. I'm assuming it's the tune and my lack of tuning knowledge/experience lol.. It has Denmah's gasoline Fairmont fuel and spark ve tables atm. I blocked off the IAC passage in the throttle body, played with the idle set screws a bit. I don't have a wideband atm so that's not helping smh.. Any suggestions as to what I might be able to mess with to get it to idle somewhat?
Old 11-17-2016, 06:39 PM
8 Second Club

Received 676 Likes on 499 Posts

How did u plug the IAC?
Old 11-17-2016, 07:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Forcefed86
How did u plug the IAC?
Pulled IAC sensor out, then I had a small plug similar to a feezeplug ( but plastic) that fit inside that hole where the air was coming through perfectly. Epoxied both sides real good and let it harden over night. It's sealed!!!
Old 11-17-2016, 07:57 PM
8 Second Club

Received 676 Likes on 499 Posts

Sure sounds like it has an air leak of some sort. May play with timing. Some of my stuff liked to idle real low... like 8*. Id get that wb02 going first
Old 11-17-2016, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Forcefed86
Sure sounds like it has an air leak of some sort. May play with timing. Some of my stuff liked to idle real low... like 8*. Id get that wb02 going first
that video was before I sealed it. But yes I will be ordering one this week. Can't really do much without one
Old 11-19-2016, 06:14 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good looking project! I'm doing a 5.3/th400 swap in a '78 Malibu. I've always been a G Body fan! I was thinking of running the VS 77/83 also so I'm here to hopefully see a good outcome with this turbo performance wise. Keep up the good work man!
Old 11-19-2016, 11:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Y2K_Camaro
Good looking project! I'm doing a 5.3/th400 swap in a '78 Malibu. I've always been a G Body fan! I was thinking of running the VS 77/83 also so I'm here to hopefully see a good outcome with this turbo performance wise. Keep up the good work man!
Thanks!! It's getting there slowly. Haven't really been able to mess with it much, too much other stuff going on and now I'll be moving soon so that may slow things down a bit. Its always something lol. Do you have a build thread going?
Old 11-19-2016, 04:20 PM
Launching!

Soooo I got the car to idle without having to stay on the gas. Well rookie mistake, I somehow had 4 squirts per engine cycle enabled. Looked at a microsquirt video by Aknovaman and noticed he had only 2 squirts, so I gave it a shot and I'll be damned!! Oppps lol. Lesson learned. Will be getting a wideband so I can start attempting to tune next week
Old 11-19-2016, 04:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by drecpt83
Thanks!! It's getting there slowly. Haven't really been able to mess with it much, too much other stuff going on and now I'll be moving soon so that may slow things down a bit. Its always something lol. Do you have a build thread going?
I know how it is man, there's always something going on. No I don't have a build thread, it's literally going so slow no one would be interested. I've been slowly working on it and gathering parts for about a year and a half now. I'm a full time student and full time employee, working 3rd shift so I don't have much free time. Good news though I'm really close to having it running! Lol
Old 11-29-2016, 06:38 PM
Launching!

I know how it is man, there's always something going on. No I don't have a build thread, it's literally going so slow no one would be interested. I've been slowly working on it and gathering parts for about a year and a half now. I'm a full time student and full time employee, working 3rd shift so I don't have much free time. Good news though I'm really close to having it running! Lol
​​​​​​
You should start a thread man. I would like to check it out
Old 11-29-2016, 07:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Before I swap out my T4 plumbing in favor of a T6 to go the classic BW route, I want to try either the VS or ON3 88/83 (assuming they are the same turbo), or maybe even gran ON3's billet ball bearing variant of the 88/83....I am very very curious the difference in spool and back pressure compared to a 7875. I will be making a thread to document the differences in the upcoming year.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:09 PM
TECH Resident

I will probably baby step to the 84/75 billet ON3 first and see how it does. The 84mm billet comp. wheel is lighter than the cast 78mm. Should be able to spin faster and make more boost, spool quicker and flow more....but how much more, I havent seen any real world results yet from anyone when compared to the 7875
Old 11-29-2016, 08:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by roastin240
Before I swap out my T4 plumbing in favor of a T6 to go the classic BW route, I want to try either the VS or ON3 88/83 (assuming they are the same turbo), or maybe even gran ON3's billet ball bearing variant of the 88/83....I am very very curious the difference in spool and back pressure compared to a 7875. I will be making a thread to document the differences in the upcoming year.

if u just want to throw away money I'll take it 15 hours and 5 passes later this hunk of **** is trash fyi they dont sell rebuild parts for this turbo the guy at on3 pretty much said there paper weights when done that's y there 550$ also thisnis my second on3 turbo the 76mm was a piece of **** also so now i have a borg warner and its much better. Do what u want but im telling u my 88mm on3 is junk ill mail it to u if u wanna save 550 bucks to see for yourself friend
Old 11-30-2016, 12:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Dimeomboost
if u just want to throw away money I'll take it 15 hours and 5 passes later this hunk of **** is trash fyi they dont sell rebuild parts for this turbo the guy at on3 pretty much said there paper weights when done that's y there 550$ also thisnis my second on3 turbo the 76mm was a piece of **** also so now i have a borg warner and its much better. Do what u want but im telling u my 88mm on3 is junk ill mail it to u if u wanna save 550 bucks to see for yourself friend
Dam glad your posting this so others don't find out the hard way! I went with a used turbonetics 7875 to keep price down but hopefully adopt better quality. maybe I won't bother....will just stick to the original plan and go big option t4 Borg with a billet 80mm (expensive!) or quit being a vag and just convert my home built collector pipes to a T6 and massage the chassis to fit and build a bigger downpipe for it with a cutout and then go back into my teenie 3 inch downpipe back exhaust for daily driving. you need to blast this all over the webs....save people time and money and mostly frustration ! thanks!

all those T6 borg warners have a huge and oddly sized and proprietary turbine outlet flange right? like 5.75 inch or something stupid....what about the T4 housings...are they a standard 4 inch vband out flange?
Old 11-30-2016, 03:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

T4 Borg is standard 4" exhaust outlet yep.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:39 PM
Launching!

So I'm finally able to start messing with the car again. Had to move so that slowed everything down smh. Got my AEM wideband hooked up and I'm ready to start attempting to tune this thing or blow it up, which ever comes first lol.. Question, I'm going to drop some e85 in the tank so do I (using microsquirt) change the afr ratio value from 14.7 to whatever e85 is in the required fuel calculator and target the same afr's as if I were tuning for gasoline or..?? I did some reseatech but I'm still unclear
Old 01-21-2017, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

So I'm finally able to start messing with the car again. Had to move so that slowed everything down smh. Got my AEM wideband hooked up and I'm ready to start attempting to tune this thing or blow it up, which ever comes first lol.. Question, I'm going to drop some e85 in the tank so do I (using microsquirt) change the afr ratio value from 14.7 to whatever e85 is in the required fuel calculator and target the same afr's as if I were tuning for gasoline or..?? I did some reseatech but I'm still unclear
Yes you need to change the AFR value in the ReqFuel. Start lowering it until the AFR's look normal. You can also use a FlexFuel sensor with the Micro.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by svslow
Yes you need to change the AFR value in the ReqFuel. Start lowering it until the AFR's look normal. You can also use a FlexFuel sensor with the Micro.
Ok thanks!! So I entered 9.765 in the required fuel and it rounded it to 9.8 So I'm assuming I'm Good to go ahead and start. Lets see what happens
Old 01-27-2017, 04:02 AM
Launching!

​​​​​​
You should start a thread man. I would like to check it out
Yeah man I think I might. I'll send you a PM if I start one. Parts are slowly coming together.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:20 AM
Launching!

Yeah man I think I might. I'll send you a PM if I start one. Parts are slowly coming together.
Cool man, hit me up!

Quick Reply: *Vs 77/83* turbo g body