Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

*Vs 77/83* turbo g body

Old 01-29-2017, 11:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was raining all last week so couldn't really mess with the car. Finally cleared up yesterday and I was able to start tuning a bit. I managed to get my afr at idle in the mid 13 range. Any suggestions as to where I should set my base fuel pressure? I have it at 50 but I'm not sure if that's sufficient.??
Old 01-30-2017, 10:28 AM
8 Second Club

Received 676 Likes on 499 Posts

With no vacuum connected, 43 is standard for return style. 58 for dead head style. Your fuel pump will go farther at lower pressures... and your injectors go farther with higher pressures. So it's a catch 22 thing. Start low IMO. Bump it up if you need it.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:36 PM
Launching!

New carpet
Seats came out great!

Back from the dead!!
Getting there
Old 03-28-2017, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Ahhh where do I start? We'll not much to update. Interior is all done and came out wonderful. I found a grand prix in the junkyard that had the original center console and bucket seats so I grabbed them. Its super hard to find stuff for these grand prixs so I ****** anything I can when possible. My good friend hooked me up and reupholstered everything. He definitely brought everything back from the dead lol..thanks T.J !!. The car is running great. Its super responsive and pulls hard. Soon as I even start coming into boost it just destroys the Tires. Its definitely a handful to drive and I've only hit about 7 -10 psi. Still needs a lot of tuning and suspension is up next up. Soooo... I moved in December and my garage was broken into 2 weeks ago. They didn't touch my car but the ******** took all my tools and welding equipment. So I'm at a stand still atm. Its pretty dicouraging to say the least to have this happen. I may end up storing my car else where because I really don't want to do anything else to it, or be in the garage because someone is obviously watching me. So yeah that's where I'm at. One thing I hate is a thief!!
Old 03-28-2017, 02:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear that man...I had my house broken into and the flat screen and ipad were stolen. A year later my LS1 swapped S10 was broken into and rifled through. I installed the cheap $7 "fake" camera on the front of the house and no one in my immediate neighboring homes has been broken into since in 2 years. I finally installed a real camera system though. It was only $100 for 4 cameras, all the cables and control box. It stores all motion activated video to a cloud so there is no possibility that the hard drive that stores the video is stolen as well. You should look into it! If nothing else the fake amazon cameras with the blinking lights are awesome. literally ALL my neighbors all think they are real. A cop even came to my house for noise one time form working in the garage late and he walked right up to the camera and said thats nice you have a security camera ha ha ha
Old 03-28-2017, 03:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by roastin240
Sorry to hear that man...I had my house broken into and the flat screen and ipad were stolen. A year later my LS1 swapped S10 was broken into and rifled through. I installed the cheap $7 "fake" camera on the front of the house and no one in my immediate neighboring homes has been broken into since in 2 years. I finally installed a real camera system though. It was only $100 for 4 cameras, all the cables and control box. It stores all motion activated video to a cloud so there is no possibility that the hard drive that stores the video is stolen as well. You should look into it! If nothing else the fake amazon cameras with the blinking lights are awesome. literally ALL my neighbors all think they are real. A cop even came to my house for noise one time form working in the garage late and he walked right up to the camera and said thats nice you have a security camera ha ha ha
Yeah man it sucks but we're taking more security measures now. It just upsets me because you work hard for your stuff and then you have a low life take what belongs to you. I have damn near zero tools, just a few random, useless items left smh. Been accumating tools since I was a teenager and that's all gone now. Many of the tools were things my dad and grandfather (whom passed away) gave me that can't be replaced. Pisses me off big time but I can't let it stop me
Old 03-28-2017, 04:38 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seats look good man. It's hard to find anything G body around my way. I need to swing by the junkyards here and see if I get lucky and snag some stuff. Sounds like it's time for you to get some sticky tires! Sucks to hear about your garage man. You're right, you work hard for your stuff just for some *******(s) to come take what they please. Really sorry to hear some of those tools were handed down from family. Those things carry sentimental value that is worth more than money itself. Some punks broke into my girlfriends g8 GT 2 weeks before Christmas and stole gifts she had needed to wrap. Someone is going to have a bad day if I come outside one night and catch a fool creeping around my house. I went out and bought a couple good quality game cameras and set them up around my property. Well keep up the good work man, seems like it's coming along nicely.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

y'all are making me paranoid.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by truckdoug
y'all are making me paranoid.
sorry Doug lol..
Old 04-03-2017, 03:40 PM
Launching!

Picked up a complete 6.0 this weekend for $300. I'm going to break it down tomorrow and check it's condition. It will most likely be freshened up and get a ljms stage 2 cam. I also ordered some qa1 coil overs and adjustable upper and lower rear control arms that should be here this week. Oh yeah ,I also ordered a boost leash boost controller that should also be here in a few days should be a fun summer
Old 04-13-2017, 01:46 PM
Launching!

Old 04-13-2017, 01:48 PM
Launching!

Much needed rear suspension came in. Will get it all installed this afternoon
Old 05-18-2017, 04:12 PM
Launching!

Old 05-18-2017, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like Christmas came early.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:40 PM
Launching!

Boost leash finally came in. I think Randy was catching up with orders and thats why it took a while. That's very understandable and Randy was super nice to deal with. Broke the lq4 down and the crank is shot. Funny thing is when I asked the wrecking hard what was wrong with it, the guy said the vehicle it was in wouldn't pass smog lmao.. Freaking clown. I was going to buy it anyway for $300 so why lie?? Lol.. That's why I never run junkyard engines without at least inspecting them. I don't see how some people do it. Good news is it had 13mm valley cover/ exhaust manifold bolts and everything else looks great
Old 05-18-2017, 04:44 PM
Launching!

Apply more boost here
Old 05-18-2017, 04:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Looks like Christmas came early.
Yeah a lil bit lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *Vs 77/83* turbo g body