Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Oil in Cylinder (? valve seals ?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 08:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil in Cylinder (? valve seals ?)

found some oil coming from one of the plugs so I pulled the plug and it was coated pretty good. Only seems to be one cylinder. I've been noticing smoke on decell after WOT pulls. I Also have a breather on the filler on the valve cover, no PCV system and it smokes a little under boost.
Is it safe to say this is a valve seal and not rings? Also what valve seals are people running with good results on decent boost numbers? I need to do a compression check but just havnt had time to do it yet.

Input would be appreciated and also info on vlave train setups with good results.

Name:  0126162042_zpskdfrtumw.jpg
Views: 1202
Size:  121.4 KB

Old 01-27-2016, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Which cylinder is it?
Old 01-27-2016, 12:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1liftedz
Which cylinder is it?
number 5 cylinder
Old 01-27-2016, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

my uneducated opinion is it is pressurizing the bottom end under boost and it is excaping pressure out the breather and past your rings in that one cylinder. leak down test in that cylinder should quickly find out if that is the issue. hopefully not.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slow trap
my uneducated opinion is it is pressurizing the bottom end under boost and it is excaping pressure out the breather and past your rings in that one cylinder. leak down test in that cylinder should quickly find out if that is the issue. hopefully not.
Kind of what I was thinking. Are you just using your oil fill cap as a breather? I had a similar issue before I ran a vented oil catch can setup. Except I had only a slight oil film on my driver side plugs. I wasn't venting that side properly, or rather at all lol. I also have my piston rings gapped pretty loose as well.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:10 AM
Launching!

Yea the breather on the fill cap is the only venting at the moment with the factory cross over line from both valve covers. I need to put together a good catch can setup. Planning on a leak down test tonight.

Quick Reply: Oil in Cylinder (? valve seals ?)