Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Progressive meth controller or eboost

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 06:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Progressive meth controller or eboost

Julio quoted me a very nice kit for my 5.3 pump nozzles progressive controller basically everything but a tank but I was wondering is it worth buying just a methanol controller since I really do want a better boost controller than the turbosmart mbc I currently have so is the eboost 2 with the meth injection options a good choice or just stick with the controller for my alky control setup I'm ordering it in the next day or so if I can get some opinions it would help me decide
Old 01-27-2016, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm on the fence too. I just purchased an e boost 2 but I've never had a problem with my meth before.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:50 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Since when does EBoost 2 have a meth controller ?
Old 01-28-2016, 06:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt know eboost 2 had that either and I just bought one haha. Personally I like everything to be separate that way if a problem arises I know exactly where to look and I know that no other system will be affected. Also, usually an actual controller just for one purpose will be better than using a bonus feature of another setup to try and run it. But that's just my experience
Old 01-28-2016, 06:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

What type of ECU are you using?
Old 01-28-2016, 08:34 AM
TECH Regular

-Boost2 is a second generation complete Boost Management System. With market-leading features and and state-of-the-art software, e-Boost2 is the one accessory all owners of turbocharged cars should have! Easy to use, yet sophisticated and technologically advanced, the e-Boost2 is equally at home in a street-going vehicle as it is in a top-level racecar.

e-Boost2 allows the user to control, monitor, map and compensate boost. But e-Boost2 is a lot more than just a boost controller – it can also control water spray, methanol or nitrous injection, manage shift/warning lights and read/monitor RPM. While e-Boost2 is fitted with a state-of-the art software, it has been designed to be easy and logical to use.
Just going off what the turbo smart website says the capabilities are
Old 01-28-2016, 08:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by svslow
What type of ECU are you using?
I'm running a stock computer stock harness made to be standalone
Old 01-28-2016, 01:30 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dimeomboost
-Boost2 is a second generation complete Boost Management System. With market-leading features and and state-of-the-art software, e-Boost2 is the one accessory all owners of turbocharged cars should have! Easy to use, yet sophisticated and technologically advanced, the e-Boost2 is equally at home in a street-going vehicle as it is in a top-level racecar.

e-Boost2 allows the user to control, monitor, map and compensate boost. But e-Boost2 is a lot more than just a boost controller – it can also control water spray, methanol or nitrous injection, manage shift/warning lights and read/monitor RPM. While e-Boost2 is fitted with a state-of-the art software, it has been designed to be easy and logical to use.
Just going off what the turbo smart website says the capabilities are
you may link to whatever you're talking about, as the eboost2 has been around for years.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
you may link to whatever you're talking about, as the eboost2 has been around for years.
Exactly that's why I asked what the general consensus was it's been around long enough I'm betting someone has an opinion based off experience with trying to control there meth injection with the eboost without having a progressive controller on hand or maybe ran a smaller system or a pieced together system from several companies either way just looking for some experience here
Old 01-28-2016, 02:36 PM
9 Second Club

I'll say it again. EBoost2 is not in any way a methanol controller.

It may have a simple off/on output you can use to turn things off/on with, but that is not a proper controller in the sense people want for meth applications.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:42 AM
8 Second Club

Received 676 Likes on 499 Posts

Seems like you could buy an MS2 or even an MS3 box for for about the price of one of those items. And it's capable of doing boost control, meth control... and alot more.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:18 PM
9 Second Club

Of course, but some people just want the simplicity of something designed specifically for the task in hand.

And EBoost2 controls boost very well for very little user effort.

I do wonder why so many boost controllers are so bloody expensive though
Old 01-29-2016, 04:09 PM
8 Second Club

Received 676 Likes on 499 Posts

disregard that

Quick Reply: Progressive meth controller or eboost