Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Using e85 instead of intercooler

Old 04-28-2016, 07:51 AM
8 Second Club

Received 676 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by 55superbeetle
I was running a megasquirt ms3x so it was controlling the extra injectors. Fuel was taken from a spare port on the regulator. It was a gen 3 5.3 with the standard china studs, gaskets, 220 cam, and springs. I was too chicken to really put the screws to it with the weak rods. It ran 5.7's in the eight, but the car was pretty damn light.
That’s a pretty slick setup. How did the injector spray pattern look? My injector spray patterns tend to look more like a squirt gun than the nice atomized mist most of the alky inj kits put out. So shooting a solid stream like that at the compressor wheel would make me nervous. Here are my 160lb injectors firing, not ideal for pre turbo injection for sure.

I was thinking of doing something similar with the Moran 235lb/hr Atomizer injectors. They are $188 each though, so It’s not exactly “cheap”. But 2 of them would be like adding an additional set of 60lb injectors (or more if you ran elevated pressure to them). Could also run them on straight methanol for extra cooling/octane.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ive been thinking of using a pre compressor e85 injection
Tap into rail.
Use nos fuel solenoid
Nx wet nozzle.
Put nozzle in turbo CAI tube. Thinking about using a psi switch but a wot switch works also. Play with jets and see what's close. Ive narrowed it down to .050 jet. The other nozzle port I can use with a alcohol injection pump and a trunk mounted tank.
Spraying 99% isopropyl. The nozzle sprays 2 liquids. But from seperate sources. It sounds like overkill. But it might work. .. I assume the liquid is mist n mostly alcohol and evaporates as soon as it hits the blades. The turbo is spinning at a high rate and can atomize the liquid even more.
Ive been collecting parts to give it a shot.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Using e85 instead of intercooler