Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

On3 7876 vs pt7675.... The dyno results (video inside)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 04:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's "kind of wierd" about it? The op didn't skimp out on his turbo selection the first time and had an issue with the unit. He found an alternative turbo that fits both his budget and needs for his "street car". If he's happy 👍
Old 08-11-2016, 04:33 PM
7 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Game ova
I'm certainly not salty, as I have no reason to be. It's just that your reasoning is bizarre, and that's putting it mildly. I could see if testing was done once in august at 105 degrees at 12psi, and the other in January at 8 degrees and 25psi....and on different dynos.
I'm sorry you don't understand how this stuff works but to call it bizarre is funny and just because you think it should be the same doesn't make it so. When was the last time this dyno was calibrated? When was the last time the weather station sensors were cleaned out to make sure they were accurate? How do you even know that the settings were the same on this dyno from before to now? You do realize this is a user configurable dyno right? And all of that is ignoring the FACT that the dyno correction factors are not accurate on a boosted vehicle. My reasoning is bizarre? No, it's called real world experience of using multiple types of dynos every day.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by NicD
I'm sorry you don't understand how this stuff works but to call it bizarre is funny and just because you think it should be the same doesn't make it so. When was the last time this dyno was calibrated? When was the last time the weather station sensors were cleaned out to make sure they were accurate? How do you even know that the settings were the same on this dyno from before to now? You do realize this is a user configurable dyno right? And all of that is ignoring the FACT that the dyno correction factors are not accurate on a boosted vehicle. My reasoning is bizarre? No, it's called real world experience of using multiple types of dynos every day.
Ok, I concede.... I have no knowledge of how dynos operate, and you are absolutely correct. The end.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Props for posting up a fair comparison
Old 08-11-2016, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I tried to read the thread and I don't think I saw it mentioned - is your car a 6 speed? Are you still on the stock rear? ( I think I saw you at least drove it to the track on the stock rear at one point)
Old 08-11-2016, 05:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by coltboostin
Props for posting up a fair comparison
Thanks

Originally Posted by callys
I tried to read the thread and I don't think I saw it mentioned - is your car a 6 speed? Are you still on the stock rear? ( I think I saw you at least drove it to the track on the stock rear at one point)
Yes, it's a 6 speed....still on the 10 bolt. And I do drive to the track.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for the good comparison and info! Def a better comparison than the critics in here have ever posted.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NicD

My calculator shows 60.9 hp delta uncorrected, and 61.8 corrected.
Also shows that the correction factor is the same until the third place after the decimal point (1.07979 vs 1.07556) The difference in correction factor between the two days is less than 4 hp.

I know you've said that correction factor is useless on turbo cars, but it does show us that the weather was basically identical on the two days.

With the test on the same equipment, in the same weather, it really only leaves the operator purposely falsifying inputs on only one of the runs....
Old 08-11-2016, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

What I'm curious about is what brand and model of turbo is appropriate for a built ls2 in this case? Meaning his precision was obviously **** and he wanted to replace it with a like sized turbo and the only other one I can think of is the turbonetics 7875. Is that what would the two in here mentioning the on3 not being good enough would use instead?
Old 08-11-2016, 09:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Krom
My calculator shows 60.9 hp delta uncorrected, and 61.8 corrected.
Also shows that the correction factor is the same until the third place after the decimal point (1.07979 vs 1.07556) The difference in correction factor between the two days is less than 4 hp.

I know you've said that correction factor is useless on turbo cars, but it does show us that the weather was basically identical on the two days.

With the test on the same equipment, in the same weather, it really only leaves the operator purposely falsifying inputs on only one of the runs....
I can assure you that neither I nor the operator played any games with the inputs. I wanted to have everything as close as possible to the pulls with the precision, as to get accurate info. I'm doubtful that any info that you provided to nic d will be of any use.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

awesome, glad the china turbo is working out for you! i put in my order for a 7875 from VS racing last week. already seen many success stories/dynos, but always nice to see another!
Old 08-11-2016, 10:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Photochop
Great results game! Glad to see a comparison of these turbos.

Since everyone is knit-picking the **** outta these results, I'll throw in a couple wild cards.
You're down half a pound of boost from the PTE with the new turbo - there's 10rwhp or so. You're also down nearly 500 rpm than the PTE number. There's a some power on the table there as well. So you're likely within 10-20 rwhp of the PTE at peak hp with these two setups being as close to identical as possible
Thanks. Regardless as to what all of the nay sayers have to say....it's a solid performer, ESPECIALLY at its price point. Now just need to see how long it lives.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Game ova
Thanks. Regardless as to what all of the nay sayers have to say....it's a solid performer, ESPECIALLY at its price point. Now just need to see how long it lives.
Ill be curious to see how long it survives as well. a buddy of mine ran ebay turbos on his vw for a while and at low boost setting they would last but when he would crank it they would last a couple hundred miles before they ate themselves. he now runs a precision.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

it really only leaves the operator purposely falsifying inputs on only one of the runs....
Which you cant do on a Dyno Jet. The only fields you could modify would skew the torque, and it would be very obvious.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:16 PM
7 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by SpraydZ
Thanks for the good comparison and info! Def a better comparison than the critics in here have ever posted.
Maybe you should search some of my posts on here and on performancetrucks.net for some good comparisons and info. All I ever post up is helpful information and if you think I'm a critic because I pointed out this comparison is flawed so be it. Remember, I've done this same comparison albeit the other direction on a customer's car and it was done back to back and the precision picked up 100 horse in the exact same conditions in a VERY controlled environment unlike this comparison.

I didn't and wouldn't say that somebody purposefully falsified anything. There are plenty of things that come into play that can skew numbers outside of that like tire pressure, oil temp, coolant temp, etc. I have seen a car dyno 25 horsepower more/less on a regular street tire just because the pressure was different. I've seen slick tire cars change by 50 horsepower with tire pressure. I've watched a turbo car dyno 50 horsepower different from before with no changes just because it was a cold pull vs a warm pull. I'm not implying that somebody played dyno tricks, I'm saying there are A LOT of things that come into play when dynos are done months apart let alone a day apart. The fact that none of that was even monitored means any conclusion that could be drawn from it isn't accurate. I'm used to do comparisons in the most accurate way possible and I see how things skew results one way or another unintentionally.

Originally Posted by coltboostin
Which you cant do on a Dyno Jet. The only fields you could modify would skew the torque, and it would be very obvious.
No offense but did you even look at his graph? Obviously not a dynojet.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
lol internet is entertaining me today! This guy comes in talking about how 750whp is bullshit from a $400 turbo on baby timing but then says "plenty" so he doesn't have to say how his larger more expensive turbo hardly makes any more horsepower.
I've posted enough 1k rwhp plus dyno graphs that I don't need your approval.

I'm saying it's BS because it's not just 750 but how much less power there is across the band. If it's 750rwhp from 2k to 6500rpm flat then sweet! But it barely peaks there and dives off like it's in the Olympics. I'm saying it's BS because what was claimed is false based on the data. It's a cheaper turbo and produced significantly less power across the board, HP and TQ. Also the trap speeds don't back up the original HP claimed which makes me question the dyno used.

If he's happy with it then cool, just don't try and claim the turbo is something it's definitely not. If the power loss is worth $1k then cool. If not then upgrade. It's that simple.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Drewstein

I'm saying it's BS because it's not just 750 but how much less power there is across the band. If it's 750rwhp from 2k to 6500rpm flat then sweet! But it barely peaks there and dives off like it's in the Olympics. I'm saying it's BS because what was claimed is false based on the data. It's a cheaper turbo and produced significantly less power across the board, HP and TQ. Also the trap speeds don't back up the original HP claimed which makes me question the dyno used.

If he's happy with it then cool, just don't try and claim the turbo is something it's definitely not. If the power loss is worth $1k then cool. If not then upgrade. It's that simple.
As we can clearly see, the precision stayed flat all the way to the end......oh and BTW, there in the upper rpms....end of the graph, there's little difference in hp...or torque. Not really sure what these so called professionals are looking at, but whatever. Just wanted to provide some data points for people looking to make decent power.....but don't have an unlimited budget. Take it or leave it.
Attached Thumbnails On3 7876 vs pt7675.... The dyno results (video inside)-20160812_175209.jpg  
Old 08-12-2016, 05:41 PM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by Drewstein

What's your 1000++ hp car trap? And with what turbo? Just curious to get an idea. Link to the dyno you posted?
Old 08-12-2016, 05:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
What's your 1000++ hp car trap? And with what turbo? Just curious to get an idea. Link to the dyno you posted?
I have no idea if this guy is telling the truth or not, but don't be surprised if you never see a graph. You're likely to receive more evasive....vague claims as to his many accomplishments. I see it like this.....post up......or shut up. And I'm probably out of line, because this wasn't directed at me....but just needed to say it.

Last edited by Game ova; 08-12-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Man, lots of talking in here. I just want to say that car is completely badass to me! Job well done. People get lost in the glamour of crazy builds and fail to see a sweet street car here. Awesome ride.

Quick Reply: On3 7876 vs pt7675.... The dyno results (video inside)