Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

On3 7876 vs pt7675.... The dyno results (video inside)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 09:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by trilkb
Man, lots of talking in here. I just want to say that car is completely badass to me! Job well done. People get lost in the glamour of crazy builds and fail to see a sweet street car here. Awesome ride.
Thanks man, I appreciate it.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Game ova, you have a kick *** ride IMO. Who gives a **** if it's supposed to trap higher, or this turbo isn't as good as that turbo, etc, etc....Most people would love to have street setup like yours
Old 08-12-2016, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Game ova
I have no idea if this guy is telling the truth or not, but don't be surprised if you never see a graph. You're likely to receive more evasive....vague claims as to his many accomplishments. I see it like this.....post up......or shut up. And I'm probably out of line, because this wasn't directed at me....but just needed to say it.
I don't know why you guys insist on looking dumb. It's easier of me to post a video of 900+ through a TH400 on less boost than you are running.

Since you're too lazy to look Nic or I up and instead want to continue thinking we're idiots...
Here's what I did to a built C6Z with a direct port setup. He even goes on 2.

I guarantee that guy is faster than you and I didn't even downshift against him.

There's a brief glimpse of my resume and if you want to argue power under the curve more I'm happy to do so.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Drewstein
I don't know why you guys insist on looking dumb. It's easier of me to post a video of 900+ through a TH400 on less boost than you are running. One of many

Since you're too lazy to look Nic or I up and instead want to continue thinking we're idiots...
Here's what I did to a built C6Z with a direct port setup. He even goes on 2.
Built C6Z

I guarantee that guy is faster than you and I didn't even downshift against him.

There's a brief glimpse of my resume and if you want to argue power under the curve more I'm happy to do so.
Not really a matter of being to lazy to look you two people up, I simply didn't care to. Here's the thing, I posted up two dyno graphs and I'm being told that one is far superior to the other......when it's clearly not. Again, yes....the precision did make more power. But the on3 stayed flat just like the precision. If you look at the precision graph.....it's plain as day. Both graphs drop off at the end. This setup is NOT A high rpm screamer..... and was never intended to be. A fun street car isn't one that peaks at 7500. The car loses torque now.....just as it did with the precision. However, it is still making around 660 ft/lbs at a around 6,100.....which is ok in my book.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
Game ova, you have a kick *** ride IMO. Who gives a **** if it's supposed to trap higher, or this turbo isn't as good as that turbo, etc, etc....Most people would love to have street setup like yours
Thanks man, just want a fun car to drive to work...take the wife to dinner, and wherever else. And that's just what I have. I do have a couple of track goals, and I think those will be met soon. 10.xx 140+ with the 6 speed on street tires and 10 bolt. Not the fastest, and never will be.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks man, just want a fun car to drive to work...take the wife to dinner, and wherever else. And that's just what I have. I do have a couple of track goals, and I think those will be met soon. 10.xx 140+ with the 6 speed on street tires and 10 bolt. Not the fastest, and never will be.
Cool. Keep the 10-bolt alive and it shinny side up. We'll just disagree on the dyno results.

Once again I'm glad you're back up and running.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Cool. Keep the 10-bolt alive and it shinny side up. We'll just disagree on the dyno results.

Once again I'm glad you're back up and running.
Yes, I seen the video of your racecar (no ac). Of course no graph.....but thanks about the car being back up and running. And btw, the back and forth banter is fun to me. I don't take this car stuff too seriously.....just a fun hobby that I've been addicted to since age 15.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Are you using an oil restrictor on the on3 turbo?
Old 08-13-2016, 09:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Black89Z51
Are you using an oil restrictor on the on3 turbo?
Yes, but I can't remember the size off hand. But it's the one from them that they told me to use.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:40 PM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

Yes, I seen the video of your racecar (no ac). Of course no graph.....but thanks about the car being back up and running. And btw, the back and forth banter is fun to me. I don't take this car stuff too seriously.....just a fun hobby that I've been addicted to since age 15.
I agree its just fun to me otherwise I wouldn't be doing it. I find it funny when somebody posts they would be mad at the results, its a test on a budget why even get worked up?

Ole Drew is probably mad at this point because his 88mm Precision only put out 917whp, that's not any more impressive then what an On3 88mm puts out for $500 to compare apples to apples. I got a Borg 80mm sitting here that puts out more jams then that by a couple hundred hp. Yet I don't get upset about results from someone else's tests or try to kick the results into the dirt. I think its awesome people are testing out these small cheap turbos and actually doing work with them.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
I agree its just fun to me otherwise I wouldn't be doing it. I find it funny when somebody posts they would be mad at the results, its a test on a budget why even get worked up?

Ole Drew is probably mad at this point because his 88mm Precision only put out 917whp, that's not any more impressive then what an On3 88mm puts out for $500 to compare apples to apples. I got a Borg 80mm sitting here that puts out more jams then that by a couple hundred hp. Yet I don't get upset about results from someone else's tests or try to kick the results into the dirt. I think its awesome people are testing out these small cheap turbos and actually doing work with them.
Ouch....only 917 with an 88mm NAME BRAND PRECISION. The way he was talking, I would have thought he was deep into 4 digit power. But man, you gotta remember that there's always somebody like him in the bunch....nothing is ever good enough....."my car is better than yours"..."you only make 760rwhp"...."if my car made that, I would be pissed". Those people are everywhere.
Old 08-13-2016, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So AC is your cutoff for a race car? Plenty of cars don't have AC and they are not race cars. In fact my other video is me racing on the street in my street car. I'll be heading to a car show shortly driving my street car with no AC.

A video is better proof than some graph, go look up my history of 1000rwhp cars if you're that hard up for graphs I've posted.

How about you give us a new graph, set to the same limit with both pulls on it. Right now one graph is set to 1000 while the other is set to 950 making the ON3 graph look bigger on the same page. You're giving up 50ish rwhp across a huge range which is significant, same with torque. Sure peak numbers may keep you happy but I'm just looking at numbers objectively. You have a dog in the race so you're going to try and make your pick look the best.
Old 08-13-2016, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Shows how dense you are thinking 900+ through a TH400 is anywhere near the simple numbers his built M6 put out. I've had dyno queens with more to show on a dyno that are definitely slower than this car.

On less boost I put down a bunch more through a 400. Tell me you're not that dumb.
Old 08-13-2016, 05:02 PM
TECH Junkie

So AC is your cutoff for a race car? Plenty of cars don't have AC and they are not race cars. In fact my other video is me racing on the street in my street car. I'll be heading to a car show shortly driving my street car with no AC.

A video is better proof than some graph, go look up my history of 1000rwhp cars if you're that hard up for graphs I've posted.

How about you give us a new graph, set to the same limit with both pulls on it. Right now one graph is set to 1000 while the other is set to 950 making the ON3 graph look bigger on the same page. You're giving up 50ish rwhp across a huge range which is significant, same with torque. Sure peak numbers may keep you happy but I'm just looking at numbenuobjectively. You have a dog in the race so you're going to try and make your pick look the best.
No Ac is definitely racecar territory. My wife refuses to ride in a car with no ac......she also doesn't want to smell like gasoline after riding in the car, so for me.....it's mandatory to keep the car lIke factory, as in creature comforts and no gas smell. And I'm very familiar with the hydramatic transmissions, while they do sap more power......it's not near enough to be talking what you are talking. If I were to lose 50rwhp.....from 0rpm....to 8500....that's a win to me over the blown up overhyped precision. And I really don't have a dog in the race, remember....I still have the precision on the shelf. If I didn't like what I came up with, I would just have precision rebuild the thing ...even though I don't want to pay them to do it, as I would rather do it myself. If I didn't have to worry about creature comforts and streetability , I could stand the radiator up and slap a 88mm turbo on the thing...and put a Th400 behind it. But then it would suck to drive it on the regular.
Attached Thumbnails On3 7876 vs pt7675.... The dyno results (video inside)-20160811_194358.jpg  
Old 08-13-2016, 06:07 PM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

Shows how dense you are thinking 900+ through a TH400 is anywhere near the simple numbers his built M6 put out. I've had dyno queens with more to show on a dyno that are definitely slower than this car.

On less boost I put down a bunch more through a 400. Tell me you're not that dumb.
Lol you're so dense you missed the point. I'm not comparing your 88mm car to his car, comparing an 88 to a 78mm is pretty dumb. I'm comparing your PT88 to other 88mm setups and when you do a proper comparison the Precision unit shows poorly.

Plus it's pretty funny I've never heard someone with such low power brag so much... It's 2016 not like 900whp is impressive, especially with a built 370ci, guys make that power and more with a stock 5.3L all the time. If you don't put up an 8 second slip then I'm just gonna keep laughing at your dynos with no graph and roll race videos you use as proof.
Old 08-13-2016, 06:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Lol you're so dense you missed the point. I'm not comparing your 88mm car to his car, comparing an 88 to a 78mm is pretty dumb. I'm comparing your PT88 to other 88mm setups and when you do a proper comparison the Precision unit shows poorly.

Plus it's pretty funny I've never heard someone with such low power brag so much... It's 2016 not like 900whp is impressive, especially with a built 370ci, guys make that power and more with a stock 5.3L all the time. If you don't put up an 8 second slip then I'm just gonna keep laughing at your dynos with no graph and roll race videos you use as proof.
Whew.....Slow Sedan....just read this guy to filth. All that was said is the truth. Guys, C'mon....let's just use the info provided as a data point for those on a reasonable budget. Truth be told, 765/900 is more than most of the general public can handle. While it's nowhere near the fastest/cream of the crop.....it's decent for a street tire shod ac retaining f body.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nali6.2
Ill be curious to see how long it survives as well. a buddy of mine ran ebay turbos on his vw for a while and at low boost setting they would last but when he would crank it they would last a couple hundred miles before they ate themselves. he now runs a precision.
My research for cheap turbos for my 12 valve Cummins has turned up a few China turbo failures. These guys are pushing 45-50psi through one turbo though. Since junkyard 12 valve go for a bit more than junkyard 5.3s I've decided to go Borg Warner. Not sure how BG turbos stack up to precision turbos but the diesel world loves the new BG stuff.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

No Ac is definitely racecar territory. My wife refuses to ride in a car with no ac......she also doesn't want to smell like gasoline after riding in the car, so for me.....it's mandatory to keep the car lIke factory, as in creature comforts and no gas smell. And I'm very familiar with the hydramatic transmissions, while they do sap more power......it's not near enough to be talking what you are talking. If I were to lose 50rwhp.....from 0rpm....to 8500....that's a win to me over the blown up overhyped precision. And I really don't have a dog in the race, remember....I still have the precision on the shelf. If I didn't like what I came up with, I would just have precision rebuild the thing ...even though I don't want to pay them to do it, as I would rather do it myself. If I didn't have to worry about creature comforts and streetability , I could stand the radiator up and slap a 88mm turbo on the thing...and put a Th400 behind it. But then it would suck to drive it on the regular.
Meant to ask, what's your exhaust setup in that video?
Old 08-14-2016, 07:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
Meant to ask, what's your exhaust setup in that video?
Single stainless 3 inch with electric cutout. Out the back to a MagnaFlow muffler. Whisper quiet with cutout closed.
Old 08-14-2016, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Single stainless 3 inch with electric cutout. Out the back to a MagnaFlow muffler. Whisper quiet with cutout closed.
Was the video in this thread with the cutout open I assum?

Quick Reply: On3 7876 vs pt7675.... The dyno results (video inside)