Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Trans cooler lines, down pipe on psngr side of engine.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Trans cooler lines, down pipe on psngr side of engine.

As I'm sure most of you know the standard auto trans cooler lines run up the right side of the engine, by where the low oil sensor is. I'm thinking that a down pipe coming through there would be cooking the trans fluid, rather than cooling it. What have people done here for an auto trans cooling option? I've though about routing lines back over the transmission tail shaft and up the driver side of the car to a cooler in the front? This is doable, but more plumbing than ideal. Any simple solutions out there? Anyone have pics of what they have done?
Old 10-18-2016, 08:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

I would strip all those lines out, bypass the radiator cooler and run steel braided lines to a aftermarket trans cooler. You will be able to route the cooler lines where ever you see fit.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks, I'd bypassed the radiator cooler some time ago, but still used the steel hard lines through that area. I cut the lined, and just flared the ends up in front of the engine, put 5/16 hose over them and double clamped them, then ran them to my B&M I had attached to the AC condenser.

I'm going to put the 1/4 NPT to -6 male AN adapters in it I guess then run braided hose up front some how, not sure yet.

Thanks for the response.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wrapped my crossover pipe with DEI Titanium wrap, and ran the cooler lines through a P clamp attached to a starter bolt to keep them tied up as far from the crossover pipe as possible.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trans cooler lines, down pipe on psngr side of engine.