Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Who Sells A Twin 450 fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Sells A Twin 450 fuel pump?

Looking to buy a 450 dual drop in fuel pump for a 1998 Camaro but it appears nobody sells them? I found them for 1999 - 2002. This would be for e85.does anyone know where to buy this at or what other choice would I have? Looking to make a 1,000 HP. Thanks, Bill
Old 11-15-2016, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Swap tank to 99-02 and run that chris1313
Old 11-15-2016, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wildcamaro
Swap tank to 99-02 and run that chris1313
I was thinking about that.. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:26 AM
On The Tree

Open for more suggestions!!
Old 11-16-2016, 09:08 AM
Teching In

Got mine from Andy at Squash performance. Great customer service. I did have to switch to plastic tank, because I could not find any other option.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cashbrown
Got mine from Andy at Squash performance. Great customer service. I did have to switch to plastic tank, because I could not find any other option.
Thanks for the info!! Was the price better at Squash?
Old 11-16-2016, 09:43 AM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Probably your easiest option is going to be to send your pump assembly to Chris1313 or someone else and let them rework it for you (obviously). It's not all that big of a deal, but it is time consuming. The main thing you will fight with is the way the pump assembly is mounted to the lid. It is hung right in the middle which leaves very little room for fittings to go through. So you'll have to cut all the factory tubes out that hold it there and move that forward or rearward and weld it there. I could do it for you too just like I did mine, but I don't have the stuff to make that nice wiring harness like Chris offers. If you want I could do just the pump assembly for you and just leave loose wires labeled out of the lid. Shoot me a pm if you're interested.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:46 AM
Teching In

Not sure if he's the cheapest, but he's comparable to other vendors I would say. I had zero fuel system on my roller other than wiring and return line. The kit he sold me was absolutely COMPLETE, and I don't think I had to buy any extras to fuel the car. What's that worth. Lol
Old 11-16-2016, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slow94Formula
Probably your easiest option is going to be to send your pump assembly to Chris1313 or someone else and let them rework it for you (obviously). It's not all that big of a deal, but it is time consuming. The main thing you will fight with is the way the pump assembly is mounted to the lid. It is hung right in the middle which leaves very little room for fittings to go through. So you'll have to cut all the factory tubes out that hold it there and move that forward or rearward and weld it there. I could do it for you too just like I did mine, but I don't have the stuff to make that nice wiring harness like Chris offers. If you want I could do just the pump assembly for you and just leave loose wires labeled out of the lid. Shoot me a pm if you're interested.
I called Speed INC and spoke with them yesterday and ask them if the could build one for a 1998 but they said they needed the car there to hard wire it which i didn't understand that.. I think my best choice is to get it from Chris and get a 99 tank..
Old 11-16-2016, 10:33 AM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep that should work. I actually like the steel tank because it puts the pump in the rear of the tank. Where does fuel usually go under heavy acceleration? I have a buddy with a squash dual 450 setup that says any digs or slow rolls fuel sloshed away from the pumps with anything under 1/4 tank. When I had my twin 450 setup mine only did that to me once and when I put fuel in it took 16.2 gallons in a 15.5 gallon tank. Lol

​​​​​​​ideally you shouldn't run the tank that low anyway. Just using that for an illustration.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cashbrown
Good choice going with Andy!! Called and ordered today.Great guy to work with. Spoke with Speed about their pump and was turned off with their service period.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Driver2
Good choice going with Andy!! Called and ordered today.Great guy to work with. Spoke with Speed about their pump and was turned off with their service period.
Hey guys I know you already ordered from squash but any questions you have just shoot me a PM next time and I will shoot you my cell...

I am currently reworking a 98 setup right now for twin 450s will be right at $625 shipped do to the extra labor but still very reasonable I think, I can post pics when it is complete

Quick Reply: Who Sells A Twin 450 fuel pump?