Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

AC Relocation Bracket + Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Relocation Bracket + Turbo?

I have an 86 C10 that I daily drive and am putting in a 4.8 and a turbo. I want to keep the original location of the Alternator to the driver side if possible since I already have the bracket that came with the motor. I will be adding a Vintage Air unit to the truck as it currently has no AC. From my research I see that you have to notch the frame a little to get the stock AC bracket to clear the frame. I was looking into buying a relocation bracket that moves the AC to the top passenger side above the water pump.

Now my concern is that I want to mount the turbo off of the passenger side and I don't want it to be sitting behind the compressor where it cant be seen or receive good air flow. I was wondering is it possible to do a passenger side turbo and AC relocation bracket and not have one behind the other? If anyone has any other mounting suggestions please share. Just thought I would ask before I go buy a relocation bracket.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It is a C10? You have a football field under that hood to work with. It's not like your doing a T6 LS Miata. The problem is you have so much space, it is not dictating to you where it must go. I'd relocate the ac up top, route the hotside below and to the outside of it, and you can mount your turbo up front in various locations. Look at some of the build threads on here you'll see full size trucks wearing turbos in many locations, you imagination is the limit.

Maybe like the top one did, just don't put the wastegate there? and run the hot side pipes lower up to the turbo. On the front left side like that it is really obvious its a turbo truck.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...?highlight=C10

Last edited by ScottyBG; 02-22-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Quick Reply: AC Relocation Bracket + Turbo?