Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Silverado

Hey everyone, new to the forum and the LS engine world. I have a questions about doing a turbo set up in my truck. It's a 2006 RCSB with a 4.8 and 4L60E. I drive the truck daily for 7-8 months out of the year. Curious what turbo kit to use/ what cam to use with the set up. Also is it worth swapping a LQ4 in place of the 4.8? I have the 6.0 out of a box truck. It's an 01' engine I believe. Needs a rebuild. Let me know your thoughts thanks!
Old 02-23-2017, 07:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Comer06
Hey everyone, new to the forum and the LS engine world. I have a questions about doing a turbo set up in my truck. It's a 2006 RCSB with a 4.8 and 4L60E. I drive the truck daily for 7-8 months out of the year. Curious what turbo kit to use/ what cam to use with the set up. Also is it worth swapping a LQ4 in place of the 4.8? I have the 6.0 out of a box truck. It's an 01' engine I believe. Needs a rebuild. Let me know your thoughts thanks!
there are at least three other threads going on right now about this exact same setup plus hundred or more others that have been made honestly the best way is do what I did read until u take it all in and then right as u start forgetting what all u learned then contact the companies that make the parts u wanna look into and find out what all is in stock vs special order so u know what to order and when. Tick performance can help with a cam on3 I believe is making a kit now for the silverado kb racing makes a good manifold dirty dingo has lots of options for manifold and accessories Brian tooley made my Springs comp cam made my trunion upgrade tick did my cam I built my own pipe out of flipped manifolds. but before u ask any questions u need to know exactly what u want for power and usage like daily driver weekend warrior etc what motor u wanna use for sure and u need a realistic budget and that's where it's important to be honest about what u can afford and what skills u bring to the table also. Tuners are helpful find out who u want to use and once u know these things ppl will.help with the few questions u have left but I know for a fact everything from turbo size cam size gear ratio tire size exhaust size and all that are in several active threads on here right now just hit the forced induction section
Old 02-23-2017, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright man appreciate the reply. I'll have to spend some time searching through the forum and figure out my direction. Budget is around 6-7k
Old 02-24-2017, 02:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you need cam help let me know.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin Smallwood
If you need cam help let me know.
I got most of my parts from tick but I should have said Martin still worked at tick at the time but now I order my parts through him especially with his kick *** cam motion cores he uses so if I can add to my first post I use Martin Smallwood no matter where he works

Quick Reply: Turbo Silverado