Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

The Baddest Built 6.0l for FI on pumpgas...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 08:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 734 Likes on 400 Posts

Default The Baddest Built 6.0l for FI on pumpgas...

Ok, so after doing a lot of reading recently, I ve often pondered what is the baddest built 6.0l for a pumpgas turbo'ed streetcar? A few trips to the track per year on e85 as a racetune. But mostly to have a badass street car with way to much hp on tap.
Hypothetically speaking, lets say you had a cousin who just had to have your new never fired built LS2 for his tbss. Lets say he offerd up every red cent I spent on it so it was of no loss kinda deal financially. He even offered to throw in power washing of my house and fence for shop?lift use. My first thoughts were obviously id step up to a well built 427lsx w/6bolt heads, just because I could. How ever, it becomes painfully obvious how fast that would snowball pass the initial cost of just the long block. Id probably have to ditch my big single turbo set up in favor of twins, etc etc.
So I thought to myself, what about just building a very stout iron 6.0l? I often wondered what I left on the table as far as things like aftermarket heads, crank, etc. I used to think going with an ERL sleeved block was the obvious choice. maybe not anymore.
I'm not looking to start a war or debate here, just curious what is some of your opinions on building the ultimate iron 6.0l for a s484 t6 set up. I ll shy away from oddball builds like destroked high revving set ups, etc.

p.s. just read the thread on the Salt Shaker, that mite be the one,lol.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I was gonna build a badass 6.0 I would start with a 4.8/5.3 block or kept my original 4" bore aluminum one.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 734 Likes on 400 Posts

^^^Yup, I doubt id even sell my motor as it is built and already in my car. It just got me to thinking about if I had to do it all over again, if id do it differently. My cousin wants it bad bcuz its here and now kinda thing and my car still has alil ways to go before I fire it up. He says I ll be instantly flopping down the cash for a 427lsx. Id think not as id never push it to its potential,lol. More than likely id go Iron 6.0l and come up with a plan between my engine builder and I. I always wanted an alum erl turbo spec d longblock. Looks like they are out the game now
Old 03-26-2017, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ERL is still selling off inventory and blocks, then done

Quick Reply: The Baddest Built 6.0l for FI on pumpgas...