Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

No T Trim Hybrid What is this??!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 09:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No T Trim Hybrid What is this??!

Ive heard of a few people on here sending in their S trim and having it upgraded with T trim internals. Why did I recieve this response?? Ive had about enough of Vortech.
The S-trim to T-trim upgrade is only available for counter clockwise rotation superchargers (like those on 4.6L Mustangs). We offer an exchange program for those wanting to replace their clockwise rotation S-trim (like yours) with a T-trim. You would send us your supercharger and we would make sure it's working properly. If it is okay, we give you a $750 credit that is applied to the retail price of a brand new T-trim ($2627.95, satin finish), which leaves you with a total of $1877.95. Your other option would be to sell your S-trim (I've heard of people getting as much as $1000 dollars for a used S-trim head unit) and then purchase a new T-trim from a Vortech distributor. Go here to find a list of dealers by state: http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...er_search.html. You might end up getting a better deal that way. Remember that the S-trim can flow enough air to efficiently support nearly 700 hp. If you are trying for more, the T-trim is a good choice up to 825 hp. Beyond that, the YSi trim will cover you up to 1200 hp. If you would like more info on the exchange program, call 805 247 0226 and press 2 for the Service Department. Good luck.

Regards,

John Snee
Vortech Engineering
I dont know who would do this. Id rather just sell this useless kit and get a turbo. I will never have another Vortech product on one of my vehicles.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

Seriously 700hp?! On what??! Its BS like this that got me to purchase this unit in the first place. Im already overspinning this blower and only seeing a bit over 10#'s before I shift and Im sure as **** no where near 500hp. Live and Learn I guess. Im just a very unhappy Vortech excustomer.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:32 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Let's deal with both points:

S-Trim can make 700hp, yup. That's at the crank of course.

Exchanging or upgrading... I think John's email is pretty clear, what is your issue? He even refers you to distributors.

You don't make any sense.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Green~ my bro made 645rwhp with a s-trim on a 317ci 87 mustang. Now he is running a YS and loves it. 10# and overspinning???? I think you might have a leak and are bleeding off boost. If I were you I would sell the s-trim and buy the t-trim or a j-trim. Am if you are that fed up with vortech, then buy a d1 procharger with a fmic
Old 01-25-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Let's deal with both points:

S-Trim can make 700hp, yup. That's at the crank of course.

Exchanging or upgrading... I think John's email is pretty clear, what is your issue? He even refers you to distributors.

You don't make any sense.
There are several members on here that have done the T trim upgrade and paid $900- $950 for this.
Im now more irritated by the way I was flat out lied to when shopping for blowers. There were no members here with Vortech's on their trucks so the only info I had to go on was what I was told by the tech department. I got pretty in depth with them as to pulley sizing, max boost, max efficient boost and what the system would and would not do.
Nothing was even close to the truth. Im not mad at the guy that responded, he is stating their policies, more at the way I was lied to and now my one glimpse of hope for actually getting something out of this is crushed. The system is totally inadequate for my needs and I was TOTALLY lied to.
Why would I spend another 2K for a system like this (on top of the $3500) that will produce less power than any other comparably priced FI system. Im a little pissed that Im going to have to take a big loss on this system because
1. I was flat out lied to
or
2. I spoke to a total retard that knew nothing, but was staffed in the tech dept.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LTNKLR01
Green~ my bro made 645rwhp with a s-trim on a 317ci 87 mustang. Now he is running a YS and loves it. 10# and overspinning???? I think you might have a leak and are bleeding off boost. If I were you I would sell the s-trim and buy the t-trim or a j-trim. Am if you are that fed up with vortech, then buy a d1 procharger with a fmic
Really?? 645rwhp??!! Ive gone over everything several times and Ive found no leaks or anything. I used the calculator on Vortechs site to calculate rpms. What was he spinning the blower to? I wish it were that easy, but complaining will get me no where. Rather than spending another 2K for a decent blower I think Im going to put it on Ebay and go for a 408 a little early and just use nitrous.
If you could get some numbers (if he remembers) I would appreciate it. Crank pulley diameter, what kind of intercooling, and blower pulley size. Was this a V1 or a V2. I see these LS1 cars making sick numbers. Could I have a problem with my blower perhaps?? Ive seen the LS1 guys make at or more than 600rwhp with these Im pretty sure.

Quick Reply: No T Trim Hybrid What is this??!