Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

how to install guages and wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 11:18 AM
NKAWTG...N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how to install guages and wiring

did a search and only thread i could find pertaining to this was back in 2002. i've got the dual a pillar guage thingy and boost and fuel pressure. where is a good spot to cut through the firewall to run the lines of these guages. also where would be a good spot to tap the fuel pressure guage (electric, not mechanical) so it can get power?

thanks!
Old 06-16-2005, 12:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you take the pillar off you can see striaght thru the floor board on the drivers side. I just fished the wires thru there with a hanger. Then just drill a hole thru your pillar. The dimmer light wire is located right by the fog light switch. Its the yellow wire which goes to the white wire + and the black goes to Ground -. The red goes to the key and the black goes to ground. I drilled a hole thru the firewall on the left upper hand side of the brake pedal. The hole will end up right behind the brake booster. I went ahead and cut the wires due to the the fuel sending unit plug hole would have to be huge.

Last edited by JMBLOWNWS6; 06-16-2005 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drilled a 7/8" hole through the firewall above the brake pedal like him.

Your fuel pressure sending unit will go onto the end of the driver side fuel rail. There is a schrader valve inside the rail that needs to be removed. You will need an adapter to attach the sending unit. Do a search for it in the Fuel section and you will find the part number.

Quick Reply: how to install guages and wiring