Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo kit for Trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 06:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo kit for Trailblazer

I know its not an ls1, but this is the only place where i trust yalls judgement. Seeing how man people are makin so much power. Well im startin up my turbo project after finding a very good welder. I know my way around turbos, but just wanted to make sure from yall what tried and true parts i should use. Here are my goals on stock motor i wanna run 5lbs and then 7 to 8 with meth( i know i probly could go higher, but i wanna see how long the stock engine will last at this level). After the engine gets built i would like to run 800hp. I was either thinking either a gt-42 or either the new s70 or even a s72.
1. What should i make the tubing out of and what diameter
2. Whats type and how big of a wastegate and how many if i get crazy with the boost.
3. What blow-off
4. should i use a t4 or t6 flange( i know thats dependant on the turbo)
5. What air-to-air intercooler would u use.
6. For an intake manifold wat is the best material to make it out of.
7. Also everything will be coated, but i have heard of mixed reviews between wat to actually coat it with. So wat would u use.

Thats all i can think of right now. Please add anything that u think i would need to just the turbo kit itself. I know i should start off with a smaller turbo and parts and go larger as i need, but money aint growin on trees and the engine will be built soon so i rather see wat i can do with this on a stock engine and only build the turbo kit once and be done with it. Thanks IceN
Old 02-21-2006, 06:30 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by icen
I know its not an ls1, but this is the only place where i trust yalls judgement. Seeing how man people are makin so much power. Well im startin up my turbo project after finding a very good welder. I know my way around turbos, but just wanted to make sure from yall what tried and true parts i should use. Here are my goals on stock motor i wanna run 5lbs and then 7 to 8 with meth( i know i probly could go higher, but i wanna see how long the stock engine will last at this level). After the engine gets built i would like to run 800hp. I was either thinking either a gt-42 or either the new s70 or even a s72.
1. What should i make the tubing out of and what diameter
2. Whats type and how big of a wastegate and how many if i get crazy with the boost.
3. What blow-off
4. should i use a t4 or t6 flange( i know thats dependant on the turbo)
5. What air-to-air intercooler would u use.
6. For an intake manifold wat is the best material to make it out of.
7. Also everything will be coated, but i have heard of mixed reviews between wat to actually coat it with. So wat would u use.

Thats all i can think of right now. Please add anything that u think i would need to just the turbo kit itself. I know i should start off with a smaller turbo and parts and go larger as i need, but money aint growin on trees and the engine will be built soon so i rather see wat i can do with this on a stock engine and only build the turbo kit once and be done with it. Thanks IceN

What engine is in your trailblazer? is it the SS(6.0)? 5.3? 4.2?
Old 02-21-2006, 06:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya which engine?
if your only shooting for 800rw then id look at a 72-74mm turbo.
the gt42 will be bigger then needed, not to mention how big physically it is.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:52 AM
Staging Lane

sorry bout that its the 4.2. Space is not really an issue. I could fit 100+mm turbo in with ease.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:53 AM
NKAWTG...N

You should go check out performancetrucks.net, they would probably have alot more experiance in the subject.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have an envoy and was also thinking it is a perfect platform for a turbo

You could build a very nice log setup and use a T66 turbo. Plumbing, mounting an intercooler and turbo placement would be very easy. Problem would be how to tune it and keep a trans in the car with all that torque

Cheers,
Old 02-21-2006, 09:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya, im still working on talking the wife into letting me turbocharge her trailblazer ltz, thats happin (specially with how long its taking to do my TTA)
HPT is suppose to be coming out with 4.2L support, im eager to get it that way i can take off stupid torque management.

there is definatly plenty room, but i wouldnt do a log thats forsure
hmm a T70 might get you there, but then a 74 will definatly.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Why not do a log it would be cheap and easy? I could see full tubular for 600 plus but for 500RWHP a log would work perfectly
Old 02-23-2006, 02:23 AM
On The Tree

Somebody made a turbocharged pikes peak truck when the Trailblazers 1st came out.

Quick Reply: Turbo kit for Trailblazer