Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

First pass bs3 datalogs...need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 11:51 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First pass bs3 datalogs...need help

We loaded up the car and headed south and to say it was a complete failure was probably an understatement...the car seems to run okay (maybe 1/2 time tops) on the street (see street datalog) but not at all on the track. It seems when it hits real load (not spinning on the street), it just falls on its face. I thought it might be the coilpacks (not running the truck coilpacks yet) but I wanted to see what anyone else thought by comparing the street pass to the track pass.

You need the bigstuff 3 software to view them (unless you like viewing them in excel format which sucks) and you can download it for free on bigstuff3.com's website.

http://www.bigstuff3.com

I can't upload the *.csv files but I can e-mail them to whoever is interested in taking a look and if they could host them for me then ever better...

Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent. Big Stuff3 SW downloaded - send your setup to my email and I will check it out.

Jim
Old 03-20-2006, 02:30 PM
8 Second Club

E-mail sent. TIA.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

if that was my tune then get somebody else to do one and send it to me!
Old 03-20-2006, 06:52 PM
Teching In

If memory serves, W2W did the tune...
Old 03-20-2006, 08:11 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
if that was my tune then get somebody else to do one and send it to me!
Originally Posted by little2v
If memory serves, W2W did the tune...
Correct...which is why I have a hard time believing it's tuning related, and if by chance something was up with it, I have no doubt they will step up and make it right (already contacted Rich and he is calling me tomorrow after he looks at the logs). That's why I chose them in the first place...I just wanted to see if people thought it was the coilpacks, plug gap, bad karma, etc. I have to assume at this point the tune is on the mark since w2w is the best in the business from everything I've seen and heard...

Last edited by LTLHOMER; 03-20-2006 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure W2W can help you get things sorted out. You're soo close to getting things done - just be patient.

Good luck,

Mark
Old 03-20-2006, 08:49 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by mdhmi
I'm sure W2W can help you get things sorted out. You're soo close to getting things done - just be patient.

Good luck,

Mark
Patience is a virtue I do not possess...but I'm doing my best!
Old 03-21-2006, 06:34 AM
12 Second Club

Is BS3 similer to hptuners?
If so send me the excel logs, can't hurt to look.

chess427@msn.com
Old 03-21-2006, 08:07 AM
8 Second Club

Everything has been sent out for the people that pm'd me and posted here...thanks!
Old 03-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry about the bad luck Have to knid of expect these things first time out with a new build. Things rarely are a complete success first time out. Almost always going to need things fine-tuned, especially suspension and tuning.

Sure you are not bleeding off boost up high?
Old 03-21-2006, 11:48 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Reckless
Sorry about the bad luck Have to knid of expect these things first time out with a new build. Things rarely are a complete success first time out. Almost always going to need things fine-tuned, especially suspension and tuning.

Sure you are not bleeding off boost up high?
The problem seems to correlate at times with a boost increase, but never a boost decrease at least from what I see in the logs. Other times the boost is the same and then it just falls on its face. I have some videos but I'm too embarrassed to post them...

Any leads on truck coilpacks so I can rule that out?

Last edited by LTLHOMER; 03-21-2006 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I wish I could assist, but Rich and Kurt will the best source for you. I would suspect something electrical though. Not sure what, but it sure sounds electrical if the boost is not falling off.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When are you going to take it out local? I think Rich said he would tune it in at the track when your ready and I would like to see it go also.

Kurt
Old 03-21-2006, 10:21 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 427
When are you going to take it out local? I think Rich said he would tune it in at the track when your ready and I would like to see it go also.

Kurt
I would like to make it out sooner than later so maybe opening day at Milan (April 1st) would work? Rich can tune and you can drive...sound good? I don't want the driver to be a variable since I've never driven anything that fast...but if you would rather not I understand and that is okay too...I'm not afraid I just want it to go as smoothly as possible.

Should I swap the truck coils in it? Are you guys going to make any changes before going to the track or maybe you can just load any changes once we're there so I can't mess anything up (I'll admit, I'm no tuning expert!).

Let me know and we'll figure something out. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2006, 08:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

April first and second is already a race for me, and I may take Rich with me, so that date won't work.
Driving your car is not something we could do, but helping you tune it would not be a problem. We can make some minor changes before you run it again down the track, but we can just do that at the track.
You will need a "BS3 tuning 101" from Rich and you will start to get comfortable tuning your car.

Kurt
Originally Posted by LTLHOMER
I would like to make it out sooner than later so maybe opening day at Milan (April 1st) would work? Rich can tune and you can drive...sound good? I don't want the driver to be a variable since I've never driven anything that fast...but if you would rather not I understand and that is okay too...I'm not afraid I just want it to go as smoothly as possible.

Should I swap the truck coils in it? Are you guys going to make any changes before going to the track or maybe you can just load any changes once we're there so I can't mess anything up (I'll admit, I'm no tuning expert!).

Let me know and we'll figure something out. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2006, 09:27 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 427
April first and second is already a race for me, and I may take Rich with me, so that date won't work.
Driving your car is not something we could do, but helping you tune it would not be a problem. We can make some minor changes before you run it again down the track, but we can just do that at the track.
You will need a "BS3 tuning 101" from Rich and you will start to get comfortable tuning your car.

Kurt
How's the following Saturday (April 8th)? 11-5pm test/tune. I can pretty much go to any Friday/Sat/Sunday test tune at any track within 300 miles so whatever works for you guys will work for me.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:11 PM
8 Second Club

TTT...any help is appreciated.