Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

need some boost controller help

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some boost controller help

I am having a weird problem, and I think it's because of the Greddy Profec B-II boost controller. The other day I rolled into it in 2nd, hit my setting (9psi), shifted to 3rd, no boost! Then half way through the gear, it shot back up to 9 psi. I have driven this car for quite a while, so it wasn't lag or anything like that.

Now, I get NO boost at all. It barely sounds like the turbo is spinning. I called Greddy, they said I could ship it to them, but wouldn't get it back for 1-2 weeks, not counting shipping. And I have plans to a bunch of people to hit the track on April 7th. By the way, I pulled the intake pipe off, and the wheel is spinning freely.

Anybody have any ideas as to what would be wrong? And is there anything I can do besides replacing parts?
Old 03-22-2006, 08:03 PM
NKAWTG...N

Just a simple check, maybe disconnect it entirely and try running just off the WG (make sure the spring wont put you in too much boost). See if you still get boost in all the gears.

Also check all your lines, pipes, and coupling.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:40 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by StoleIt
Just a simple check, maybe disconnect it entirely and try running just off the WG (make sure the spring wont put you in too much boost). See if you still get boost in all the gears.

Also check all your lines, pipes, and coupling.
You can't run less than the WG spring (physically impossible), so disconnecting his boost controller and only running a line from the compressor outlet to the gate will be the least amount of boost he can possibly run. And yes that sounds like a good point to start at although I don't think it's your boost controller.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What else could it be?? If it was a loose coupling or something like that, I would think that the boost would've been gone...not on and off. But, if you have ideas, that's what I'm looking for. I would love for it to be something really easy!
Old 03-22-2006, 11:22 PM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

this sounds way to familiar to the sts issues I m having on the car I emailed you about. Which Im attempting to retune tommorrow.

Originally Posted by NYSS Guy
What else could it be?? If it was a loose coupling or something like that, I would think that the boost would've been gone...not on and off. But, if you have ideas, that's what I'm looking for. I would love for it to be something really easy!
Old 03-22-2006, 11:51 PM
TECH Junkie

I started to lose boost once 'cause one coupler that connects the intercooler to the intake pipe was swelling a bit and had moved. Of course, I noticed this after days of doing this...

Tightened it up and boost was back.

Edit: Hey, you frequent SFR?
Old 03-23-2006, 12:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I do hit that site pretty frequently...actually I posted in a thread you are a part of. I usually read more than I post.

Hey ESR, I seriously doubt this would be anything in the tune. I didn't touch my tune before this started happening. It's gotta be some kind of part that just isn't holding up somehow. I guess I'll go through and re-check everything again.

LTLHOMER, can you tell me what you're thoughts are...I'm curious.

Quick Reply: need some boost controller help