Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Powerdyne on a STREET only car

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 03:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerdyne on a STREET only car

I have searched and found not many people have anything nice to say about the unit. However, sounded like most were a problem with higher boost and being beat on. I am thinking about putting on the 6PSI kit. I have set of MTI Stage 2E heads already in the closet. So I was going to do Powerdyne, MTI 2E heads, and a 228 ish cam. This would not be a track car, thats what my build Buick is for. I just want something that would be nasty on the street when called upon. ATI, etc is not an option as I already have this kit lined up and would only need the cam. Also, would this make in the 450RWHP range?
Thanks for any info.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Didn't Powerdyne go belly up??? Man, if you're going to spend the $, why not just spend a little more and go with something sound?
Old 03-24-2006, 05:12 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suspect that once you have the Powerdyne installed on your car, you will get so frustrated you're going to wish you never bought it, no matter how good the deal is. You should see 450 rwhp, if you can actually get 6 psi out of it. With your heads and cam, I suspect the Powerdyne is not going to produce 6 psi, at least not for long... Bob
Old 03-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Launching!

i have a kit that hit almost 6lbs with the 4.5 pully. Instead of running the intake pipe back up to the top to the air box i just ran it into the compartment on the driver side of the bumper and threw a cone filter on it. this is suppose to give like a 1lb of more boost is what im told but who knows. I just know the boost gauge was damn near 6lbs.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not sure why everyone picks on Powerdyne because it's usually the owner's fault for overtightening the tensioner that leads to problems. I ran a Powerdyne 4.5 on my old 93 Indy Pace Car for almost 5 years and 42K miles with no problems at all. It's the easiest to install, quietest, doesn't use engine oil and works great. But don't expect to make 500+ hp and run sub 12 second 1/4 mile times with it. Just don't tighten the tensioner too much and the bearings in the supercharger will last fine. With a cam you should be able to make around 450 hp but that might be the upper limit of the stock 24 lb injectors.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:44 PM
Restricted User

You will see positives and negatives on almost any product. There is much rumor and misnomer on the internet, so you must read with an open mind. My personal experience with the Powerdyne units is good.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are still in business and are more popular with the Ford crowd.

http://www.powerdyne.com/

Jim

Quick Reply: Powerdyne on a STREET only car