Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Suggestions for a m6 99 blown hawk

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suggestions for a m6 99 blown hawk

Hi everyone! I am looking for advice on what to do next for my car. Current mods are : Procharger P-1sc @ 8lbs; BMR rear lowing springs 1"; BMR weld on SFCs; HAL adjustable shocks; Bendixx rotors all the way around. Car is daily driver, not taken to track.

Was thinking about:

8-rib setup...(where do i buy and whats $$?)
adjustable resevoir (clutch pedal height is getting annoying. how hard to adjust?)
a specX clutch (not sure what type yet)

maybe some internal engine stuff too... what cam would be good for a supercharged car?

i was thinking about spending 3-5k. just sold my house

thanks all!
Old 03-27-2006, 03:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

how much rwhp do u make now?thatll determine what clutch ull want to go with.to keep it sounding close to stock go find an LPE GT2-3 cam,if u dont care about it being louder or more rumbly than go for like a 224/224 would be nice.Its all about how u want it to sound and where u want ur peak power.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you though about the rear end, or even gears? just another thought...
Old 03-27-2006, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clutch and a new rear end and you could have some fun launches on the track with some drag radials, I know you said its not a track car but there is nothing better than trying to raise the front off the ground, lol
Old 03-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Teching In

yeah i did kick around a rear end. but...they seem to be quite expensive, with not much make-the-car-faster benefit I have gotten on the car quite hard, she has 430rwhp. So far no gears have shot out my rear diff...thank god.

as for M6 gears....i don't know that much about them. I understand how everything works, and could prob take it apart no sweat (i'm an aircraft mech), but i have no clue what the ratios would pan out to mean, or wtf the compression ratio actually means ect
Old 03-28-2006, 04:14 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

8-rib setup...(where do i buy and whats $$?)

ATI ProCharger 8 rib assembly is $350.00 and then you need a new harmonic balancer made by ATI Performance Products, which is a different company. The balancer is $450.00. I can get you all of these parts.

adjustable resevoir (clutch pedal height is getting annoying. how hard to adjust?)
a specX clutch (not sure what type yet)

I would go with the GM 01-02 slave cylinder, and I recommend the Spec Stage 3+ clutch and pressure plate. The 3+ is a full face clutch that does not chatter, plus it has a high torque rating.

maybe some internal engine stuff too... what cam would be good for a supercharged car?

The Lingenfelter GT2-3 camshaft works very well with the ATI ProChargers, and it would pass your California emissions. You will want to upgrade your valvesprings, the Comp 918's work very well, and I would add Comp 7.40" pushrods. Bob