Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Vacuum line from Bypass valve to what???

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum line from Bypass valve to what???

I am finishing up my Procharger install and I ran into yet another problem. There is a 3/16" vacuum hose that comes off of the bypass valve and is suppose to be hooked up to the FMU but I have the D1SC kit that doesn't come with a FMU. Please let me know where that hose is suppose to be tapped into a vacuum source. Thank you.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:02 PM
FormerVendor

tee the small line off the back off the intake (its hard to get to ) it comes out in a loop on the pass side firewall but be carefull where you split it there are some check valves in line, this hose is used to run the heater control doors and is where we hook up to.I have also seen people split the large line running to the brake booster but it doesnt turn out as sanitary

Brent
Old 04-02-2006, 08:42 AM
10 Second Club

I have mine running to the PCV provision on the passenger's side valve cover, been that way for years.

Brent, is there any other reason to tap it directly into the intake? I'm running the Weiand unit now, but 5.3L valve covers since going to centerbolt heads. They only have one PCV provision versus the 5.7L having two. Thanks

Quick Reply: Vacuum line from Bypass valve to what???