Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Opinion on what to do

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opinion on what to do

So, to clarify this isn't a for sale thing. If i decide to sell stuff of course I'll follow the rules and post in the correct section, and mods step in if i step over my boundaries. I've done the mods in the sig to my car. At this point I'm running, partially tuned, and getting boost. I'm considering ending this project however and possibly selling everything, car and all. I still need to finish getting the STS mounted higher and finish getting the car tuned. I've already got the 2bar map in and the HPT upgrade. The ultimate question is what to do. If I sell it, I can have many options.

1) Sell the car as is, unfinished but mostly complete, and have someone else who wants a little bit of a project buy it and finish it. 2) Take off the performance parts, suspension, everything, and sell those seperately and then sell the car. If I were to do that, should I sell it with the ported polished heads and upgraded valvetrain as well as the cam, or should I leave the cam in and put the stock heads back on? etc. 3) Should I finish the car and then sell it complete?

I am willing to spend a little time taking parts off and I have a tune ready to go back to with just the heads and cam if needed. What would be the best route to take financially for myself in this situation. Also, if you have suggestions for what you think I might be able to get money wise for different options, please let me know. FI has been fun, but now its time to move on and pass the torch to someone else. Thank you for your input. If you decide to post offers or something, please dont do that here. You can PM me with for sale related things as this is not the place for it. I'm just seeking input.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

I can tell you a unfinished car sells for nothing. I offered my unfinished twin turbo car up last year for nothing and nobody would touch it, now that I dumped a few more dollars into it and will be taking it to the track I should be able to sell it if I ever feel the need.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in this game parting out a car and putting it back to stock is the best way in almost all cases to get the most money back. like said earlier unfinished cars are the worst. good luck.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:52 PM
TECH Regular

Any idea what I could get for the car finished and with the stereo setup i've described in this post: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...47#post4549947

The car is an 02 ss a4 t-top black on black with 54k mi
Old 04-04-2006, 12:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep, your best bet would be to de-mod and then sell car and parts seperately!
Old 04-04-2006, 12:40 PM
TECH Regular

any more input?
Old 04-04-2006, 01:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by solobaric
Yep, your best bet would be to de-mod and then sell car and parts seperately!
Agree.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's more work but you will always get more parting it out and selling the vehicle stock.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talking If u sale I will Buy!!

To be honest if you decide to sell off the parts I would like some pics of the turbo, lca,sway bars,panhard bar those are some of the things i was getting ready to buy.
the turbo also but this will be for another car its too small for my motor in the z but good for the trans am and the pace header exhaust system pm me need parts asap Also If you are going to sell the sts kit whole pm me the price I can Use the parts