Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Bad idea to get headers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 05:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bad idea to get headers?

I am interested in getting some long tube headers for my T/A, I realize that turbos have to tap into exhaust gasses for power. Is it a bad idea to get headers, if I want to remotely attempt turbocharging later on?

I haven't made long term plans but I think I would like some type of power adder for my car in the future. Is it a good or bad idea to get headers now if i want to turbo later?
Old 04-24-2006, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

buy a used set so you dont take a huge hit on it later on.

I buy everything used now..just because i change my setups like i change my underwear.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Headers is a good idea....If you are going to go FI, look into the STS.....Works well with headers.......
Old 04-24-2006, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Headers can only be used with a supercharger or an STS turbo kit. If your using headers on a Supercharged car, you'll see a difference but not really if you use headers on an STS kit. All the other kits either supply there own headers or use logs or cast iron manifolds. If you seriously want to get a turbo later, invest the money into something that will benefit the turbo setup or any setup for that matter, I.E. Bigger injectors, Better fuel pumps, etc.