Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Does anyone offer financing on D-1SC's?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Does anyone offer financing on D-1SC's?

just as title says, thanks!
Old 05-18-2006, 10:29 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

A few of our sponsors offer instant approval credit. I'm pretty sure MTI does. Financed HP is the devil
Old 05-18-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
A few of our sponsors offer instant approval credit. I'm pretty sure MTI does. Financed HP is the devil
Dumb question, what is instant approval credit?
Old 05-19-2006, 05:05 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Any type of instant credit is going to come with a high interest rate. Your best bet is to apply for a loan at a bank or credit union. Bob
Old 05-19-2006, 08:11 AM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FSUNole17
just as title says, thanks!
i see staying at home many friday and saturday nights in your future... so you can pay your debt for HP.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:34 AM
8 Second Club

Don't know how long you want to finance it, but if it's short term < 1yr, talk to your credit card company (assuming you have one already).

Here's what I did....Used card "A" to purchase said ProCharger - thanks BOB at EPP! -, then called card "B" to do a balance transfer. Card "B" offered me 1.9% APR financing for 9 months with a $75 transfer fee. Basically a SHORT term loan for very little cost.

But I also second what everyone else is suggesting about NOT financing HP. I didn't do it because I don't have the money....only because I'm *** deep in building a house and will need the cash in the short term for that.

Hope that helps!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Financed HP is the devil
Got that right.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:20 PM
12 Second Club

just take out a $200,000 25 year mortage, that should be plenty to make 2000hp haha

If I were you, i would just apply for a personal loan from a bank or credit union.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:41 PM
NKAWTG...N

i would never buy car parts if i didn't have the money. going into debt to modify your car is probably the stupidest thing I can think of. If you don't have the money, just save it up and wait.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:56 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by StoleIt
i would never buy car parts if i didn't have the money. going into debt to modify your car is probably the stupidest thing I can think of. If you don't have the money, just save it up and wait.

What he said. Every friend I have that financed his car parts whether by credit card, loan, whatever, has regretted it and most of them are still paying for **** on cars they sold long ago. If you can't pay cash, you don't need it and should wait. Upkeep on higher HP cars is more expensive too, something to keep in mind. They aren't very budget friendly.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

I agree BAD idea. YOu may have the fast car in the neighborhood, but do you really wanna pay all that extra $ and possibly drag it out over years of payments? I sure as hell dont.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

werd...if you cant afford now you wont be able to afford it later when your in debt..saving is the key
Old 05-19-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by StoleIt

I was going to elaborate on the need and want ratio in my first reply, But I have an adult son who will sign anything at any interest rate at an attempt to get what he feels he needs that particular day. Usually totally mis-matched mis-application expensive parts that don't go together at all and without a hint of a plan. It never turns out good and advice just goes wasted. All those parts usually end up for sale at a fraction of the price 3 months later anyway. Un-teachable as well.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

So I also assume you guys pay cash for your car as well and don't finance anything. Do you need a 40K car or would a 2K Mazda get you to work and back. I don't mind 3.9% interest to get it now. Especially if you are doing a project that it is cheaper to finish everything at the same time. If the money is coming in at a constant rate go for it .......life is short.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hpcubed
So I also assume you guys pay cash for your car as well and don't finance anything. Do you need a 40K car or would a 2K Mazda get you to work and back. I don't mind 3.9% interest to get it now. Especially if you are doing a project that it is cheaper to finish everything at the same time. If the money is coming in at a constant rate go for it .......life is short.
I didn't really mean to discourage the guy. Its just that my wife and I have seen our kid waste many many thousands on unnecessary and ridiculous car mods. Mostly all money he didnt have that was supposed to go to something else. You have no idea. It just hit a personal nerve.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

save half then finance a small loan cash $3,000 loan $3,000 just an example

cwsT/A
Old 05-19-2006, 11:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

If I were going to borrow a wod of cash to buy car parts a D1SC would be the last thing on my list, go turbo!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

say if you get a loan to buy that...then you pop your motor another month down the road...or blow the clutch...or the rear...gonna get loans for those? Bad idea. I'm 21 and have excellent credit and have lots of avalible credit on my credit cards cause none of them have a balance, but i would never buy a bunch of **** for my car on them...would needs the useless debt...i'm just saving for the next 3 months to get my headers and rear. Then next summer maybe heads and cam.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:25 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Heck man I credit card raced with the best of them 20 years ago and got them paid off, I say enjoy yourself while you are young and keep the economy going..

Cool thing about car parts is you can at least recover 50 cents on a dollar if you have to bail out. Try that playing golf or charging up food and beer or gifts for your girlfriend lol.

Seriously though, if you own the car and finance 10K in parts you will still be better off then financing a 20K car and buying the parts cash IMO. Its hard to come up with the 5K all at once and I'm sure most here have used their credit cards to buy stuff and didnt pay it all of the next month. Just get a credit card with a decent rate. If you cant get a good rate due to zero or bad credit, a forced induction car probably isnt the thing to be building..