Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

overboost?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 02:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default overboost?

hey guys quick question, need some help, my t/a is supposed to be running 7-7.5 lbs, i have a t66 turbonetics turbo, and i got on it and checked the boost gauge hit 10lbs, could there just be some loose connection, vaccuumwise? or something along those lines, ive never had this problem before, not to mention my coupler was loose and blew off as well(the elbow from my m.a.f. sensor to the throttle body) any ideas or am i just imagining stuff. this has been a strange problem could it be to to the coupler elbow being loose?
Old 05-24-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jcews6
hey guys quick question, need some help, my t/a is supposed to be running 7-7.5 lbs, i have a t66 turbonetics turbo, and i got on it and checked the boost gauge hit 10lbs, could there just be some loose connection, vaccuumwise? or something along those lines, ive never had this problem before, not to mention my coupler was loose and blew off as well(the elbow from my m.a.f. sensor to the throttle body) any ideas or am i just imagining stuff. this has been a strange problem could it be to to the coupler elbow being loose?
If your elbow was loose you would see a loss of boost-not increase. I take it your controlling it off of a boost controller? electric? What spring do you have in your gate? Need more info on your setup.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:49 PM
12 Second Club

Default no no

no i meant its creating too much boost and blowing the elbow off i worded that incorrectly, im kinda thinking that maybe my hose from my waste gate has cracked or slipped off?
Old 05-24-2006, 08:53 PM
12 Second Club

Default plugs

also having problems deciding what type of plugs to use, i found some copper plugs? good idea i know theyre colder. oh and i dont have a boost controller.