Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

turbo question here!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo question here!!

Are there any turbo kits besides the STS that will allow you to retain the factory a.c. ? just curious
Old 05-31-2006, 05:25 PM
TECH Resident

yes there are
Old 05-31-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Resident

...and we can't tell you about it.

Actually, I'd think long and hard whether you REALLY need the AC or not. Cooling the radiator when the stock puller fans are deleted (for front mount turbo) is a big problem... a quick search here will bring up quite a few of us overheating when we're stuck in traffic. There are a couple of solutions to the problem, but personally I can't recommend either to you yet.

If you can "let go" of the AC, life becomes much easier for you and your turbo. Why not an STS for you, anyway?
Old 05-31-2006, 05:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RW99
...and we can't tell you about it.

Actually, I'd think long and hard whether you REALLY need the AC or not. Cooling the radiator when the stock puller fans are deleted (for front mount turbo) is a big problem... a quick search here will bring up quite a few of us overheating when we're stuck in traffic. There are a couple of solutions to the problem, but personally I can't recommend either to you yet.

If you can "let go" of the AC, life becomes much easier for you and your turbo. Why not an STS for you, anyway?
Blasphemy !
Old 05-31-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

One reason I live in louisiana and a.c. is pretty much a must, nothing wrong with STS just want to see what else was out there! Want to to do as much research as possible before buying a kit.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MonkeyBoneSS
One reason I live in louisiana and a.c. is pretty much a must, nothing wrong with STS just want to see what else was out there! Want to to do as much research as possible before buying a kit.
Its always best to search and understand as much as possible. Let me know if I can help in anyway

andy
STS-South Texas