Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo C4 dyno vids and initial numbers

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Turbo C4 dyno vids and initial numbers

Hey guys,

I know its an LTx engine, but I spent an awful lot of time on this FI forum reading, posting, learning and helping where I could and wanted to share the initial dyno run of the setup I built.. specs are below..

I attended a dyno day to sneak some peliminary runs in to help with my logging tuning. below are the initial dyno pulls for the start of tuning before noticing I had only one of the twin intank pumps running and the other was defective. so only two runs, and there will be more coming as tuning progresses after installing another pump. boost was 14 psi, timing is 14 degrees locked after boost hits, need to tune ALOT, AFR was way lean due to pump being bad... will have new pump hopefully by the end of the week and get it in and get back to tuning her. these runs were also made with a holley 58mm throttle body which had the wrong year bell crank on it which was only opening the blades 62% after calibrating the throttle by hand. since thent he correct throttle body was installed and I am working on the fuel pump tomorrow evening and hoping to get back on the dyno for some C16 pulls.. hope you enjoy!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/w...def2efada8.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7...4277167da6.htm
Chris

ENGINE
-355 forged bottom 8.7 : 1 CR shortblock
-Trickflow heads (unported) gonna wait before I go that route
-Stock LT4 camshaft
-crane gold rockers/.083 extreme pushrods/ comp R lifters
-dual roller billet timing set
-K-motion double springs and Ti retainers, 10* locks
-unported LT1 intake manifold
-58mm throttle body
-Meziere electric waterpump

FUEL SYSTEM
-Twin intank walbro 255lph pumps
-(-10 AN) fuel line to barry grant filter to aeromotive regulator
-custom fabbed fuel rails
-83 lb/hr low Z injectors
-(-8 AN) return line
-racetronix wiring harness kits for both pumps wired independantly

ENGINE MANAGEMENT
-Accel DFI Gen 7 w/ dual synch distributor (opti delete)
-Accel DFI wide band O2
-Accel DFI knock module
-Fast track performance harness to retain ALL dash functionality

TURBO SYSTEM
-T 74 GTS turbocharger
-40mm HKS Wastegate
-50mm Tial Blow Off Valve
-Greddy Profec Spec 2 boost controller
-12" x 27" x 4" thick FMIC
-all 3" cold side aluminum plumbing
-custom self fabbed hot side parts all stainless steel

IGNITION
-MSD 6A
-MSD 8.5 super conductor wires
-MSD Blaster Coil
-NGK TR6 plugs

Old 06-02-2006, 08:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

LTx setups suck!

Lets see some new #'s!
Old 06-02-2006, 08:52 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

There are a ton of LTx guys on the site.

Nice baseline numbers, what do you think you can hit once everything is working right?
Old 06-02-2006, 11:13 AM
Launching!

Real Quick.. I know right..lol

PSJ,
I don't know.. hate to guess at it but as it sits, I would really like to see if I could max this setup out with the stock cam and unported heads and intake somewhere between the 650-700rwhp mark. I imagine it will be in the 20+ psi range and tuned pretty aggressively on C16, but once I hit that I will decide whether to yank the heads and intake port them up and slide a little more flow friendly bump stick in. these numbers have been made so far and will have to also utilize the 3" downpipe and through a SLP 3" C4 exhaust system, the 3" DP I am running due to engine compartment space restraints so it will have to fit the bill on the numbers put down in the future.. My only consulation is that Jose had done some very impressive numbers with a similar setup and a 76gts which down the road I may upgrade too. guess I will take it one step at a time and see what unfolds!

Chris
Old 06-02-2006, 11:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lcvette
Real Quick.. I know right..lol

PSJ,
I don't know.. hate to guess at it but as it sits, I would really like to see if I could max this setup out with the stock cam and unported heads and intake somewhere between the 650-700rwhp mark. I imagine it will be in the 20+ psi range and tuned pretty aggressively on C16, but once I hit that I will decide whether to yank the heads and intake port them up and slide a little more flow friendly bump stick in. these numbers have been made so far and will have to also utilize the 3" downpipe and through a SLP 3" C4 exhaust system, the 3" DP I am running due to engine compartment space restraints so it will have to fit the bill on the numbers put down in the future.. My only consulation is that Jose had done some very impressive numbers with a similar setup and a 76gts which down the road I may upgrade too. guess I will take it one step at a time and see what unfolds!

Chris
Once you get it dialed in 600rwhp on pump shouldnt be a problem @ 14-15psi. Even more with a better cam and PORTED trickflow heads.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:45 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

I'm thinking somewhere around 600rwhp on pump gas should be easy...

The more power you make at the engine, the less boost you need to hit a bigger number. So if your engine is a 400rwhp combo, you can probably hit 800rwhp with 15psi. I'm guessing your engine is more like 325rwhp...?
Old 06-02-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,393 Likes on 879 Posts

There was an awful lot of blue smoke when you got off the gas. Are you sure your not sucking in oil somewhere?

Andrew
Old 06-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Launching!

yes when it transitions from boost to vacuum on deceleration... she is either sucking it past the rings or through the valve stem seals.. no smoke under normal driving conditions the engine is still pretty young with only a few hundred miles on it.. I will also start playing with the electric vacuum pumps for boost conditions to try and keep the crank case from pressurizing.. just have to find what vacuum range it likes and find a way to modulate it with the pump so as not to pull oil from the main and rod bearings while operating.

Chris
Old 06-02-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Regular

Hey, I remember you from corvetteforum.com A few years back you were starting this project up, or thinking/designing it. That was a while ago when I had my 91 coupe, I was in on a lot of those first few turbo threads. But the LS1 just has too many more FI options I couldn't resist. I'd love to build a destroked 400 (377) twin turbo car, but that won't be for a while. Glad to see you followed through with your project, get the stock cam outta there and put in some ported heads!
Old 06-02-2006, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LTx, LSx, etc etc dont matter...they're all badass. those are stout baseline numbers man esp. for a realitively mild engine combo. AS PSJ said, 600rwhp on pump should be a cinch. keep us updated man.

Quick Reply: Turbo C4 dyno vids and initial numbers