Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F2 in a WS6....anyone done it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F2 in a WS6....anyone done it?

What fabbing did it take?

What kind of RWHP can be expected with a 427/LS7-heads set-up?

Using full race gas.

Keep A/C?
Old 06-04-2006, 06:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Quickin
What fabbing did it take?

What kind of RWHP can be expected with a 427/LS7-heads set-up?

Using full race gas.

Keep A/C?
It can work.

HP? anywhere from 600 to 1500rwhp.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
It can work.

HP? anywhere from 600 to 1500rwhp.
Do you do jobs like this.

If you don't and since 8 out of 10 sponsors really never get back to you and I guess don't want the business, who would you recommend for a project like that? Non sponsors too.

Old 06-04-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

keeping the 4L60e? lol

shoting the sponsers a cashier's check for a deposit and not shooting the BS will get their attention. believe me, there are MANY MANY shops here that will GLADLY do an F2 kit for ya.

1500 rwhp shouldnt be too hard along with 7 second passes if you have the budget.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Teching In

did you try bob at epp?
Old 06-04-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Addict

Do you do jobs like this.

If you don't and since 8 out of 10 sponsors really never get back to you and I guess don't want the business, who would you recommend for a project like that? Non sponsors too.

If your serious about this W2W is a safe bet, the reason people probably never get back to you is your always talking about it but never do it so they probably suspect your just doing the same to them.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Boostaholic
If your serious about this W2W is a safe bet, the reason people probably never get back to you is your always talking about it but never do it so they probably suspect your just doing the same to them.
I was going to say the same thing. I like Quicken, he is a great guy, he just happens to constantly talk about new setups and never pulls the trigger.

If I end up keeping my car I am doing a D1SC or a single turbo. Not sure which would be the best for my car.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Well, when I spent $30,000 on my current set up, everything in my sig, I spent a good year figuring out exactly what I wanted. Sounds logical to do it that way. Turbo, sc'er, turbo, sc'er, than nitrous.....new **** keeps coming out and every shop has a different story or idea on what will work best, sometimes complete 180 degrees from what the other shop would say.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
keeping the 4L60e? lol

shoting the sponsers a cashier's check for a deposit and not shooting the BS will get their attention. believe me, there are MANY MANY shops here that will GLADLY do an F2 kit for ya.

1500 rwhp shouldnt be too hard along with 7 second passes if you have the budget.
Putting down a deposit at the first or second shop you talk to without doing a shitload of research is for MORONS. There are too many ex-sponsors and currently operating shops all over the place that are cheezballs and just want that deposit, but the end result is waiting forever and getting back a piece of ****. Part of customer service is answering questions till the end, if they don't my point is proven that they just want that deposit, than they'll talk to you, and that doesn't even always happen.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by JohnnyZ28
I was going to say the same thing. I like Quicken, he is a great guy, he just happens to constantly talk about new setups and never pulls the trigger.

If I end up keeping my car I am doing a D1SC or a single turbo. Not sure which would be the best for my car.
Same thing, I'm undecided on sc'er or turbo. You'll do the same thing when you're ready to have something built. When I do pull the trigger though and go for something it'll be just like I did 4 years ago, I'll get the best and baddest thing I can for my application. The 436 stroker 4 years ago was the ****, along with all the other parts I got for the entire car, so I finally went for it after much research.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:43 PM
10 Second Club

at 1500 rear wheel I wouldn't care if I was supercharged or turbocharged but that's just me.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:08 AM
Launching!

Same thing, I'm undecided on sc'er or turbo. You'll do the same thing when you're ready to have something built. When I do pull the trigger though and go for something it'll be just like I did 4 years ago, I'll get the best and baddest thing I can for my application. The 436 stroker 4 years ago was the ****, along with all the other parts I got for the entire car, so I finally went for it after much research.
I am going turbo or blower either way. I will probably go the most cost effective route as my target is ~700rwhp and a small shot of spray if needed.

I need to get my suspension dialed in, my tranny issues resolved (minor), and then whatever forced induction setup I go with. I also need a damn cage as I have a t-top car.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
at 1500 rear wheel I wouldn't care if I was supercharged or turbocharged but that's just me.
Remember what we talked about? Imagine having a big power single-turboed car that has the boost coming in all of a sudden somewhere, it'll be unmanagable on the street, and thats the only place I'll be with my car. Julio has 1,000+ RWHP and he drives his all the time, but when he runs people from a roll they start out at like 70-80mph. With a single turbo imagine how unmanagable it would be at 1,000+ RWHP. A drag car would be fine but not a street car.
Now, the sc'er route is sounding better The guy down here that I told you about who builds the drag car tranny's, makes his own chain driven sc'ers, no belts. They're all 6-7 second cars. Pretty good looking set up too. He can make them for any kind of car too.

Old 06-05-2006, 12:53 AM
10 Second Club

I might be looking at a built tranny sooner than I think.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, when I spent $30,000 on my current set up, everything in my sig, I spent a good year figuring out exactly what I wanted. Sounds logical to do it that way. Turbo, sc'er, turbo, sc'er, than nitrous.....new **** keeps coming out and every shop has a different story or idea on what will work best, sometimes complete 180 degrees from what the other shop would say.
You spent? YOU spent? IIRC, your sugar momma bought it for you.

With what you want to do... Go W2W in all seriousness. And I agree with Boostaholic. Your last thread got locked, so that throws up something negative in the air right there...
Old 06-05-2006, 12:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by mahhddgtp
You spent? YOU spent? IIRC, your sugar momma bought it for you.

With what you want to do... Go W2W in all seriousness. And I agree with Boostaholic. Your last thread got locked, so that throws up something negative in the air right there...

Could have put the money into my account and kept it......I spent it on the car. And maybe I have a new sugar momma

Old 06-06-2006, 10:52 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where can I get me one a those sugar mommas???

I'd go turbo since the boost is more 'controllable' for street use.....when its too much for the street, then turn it down. Just my .02
Old 06-06-2006, 10:57 AM
SSU Moderator

I say you get with Jim at Speed Inc. He has two T4 turbo's in his LT1 car with all the acessories and has gone as fast as you need to go easily. I think he's building a kit for an LS1 car now. 427 + 2 <60mm turbo's = 1000rw+
Old 06-06-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My vote is for Dez racing and Don slowhawk). I saw the job he did on purevils turboed car and it was top notch work. Plus 800+ rwhp on pump gas isnt too shabby either lol. Honestly though id look at Dez Racing, W2W, Stenoid, etc for a really good build. Good luck though and sounds like your planning on one killer setup there!
Old 06-06-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

I know an efi live tuner on here that has an f2 camaro, he even got it in the ati stock mount location. Took him alot of work but he did it. Hes north of 1200rwhp i believe.

Quick Reply: F2 in a WS6....anyone done it?