Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Extra injectors or Methanol-

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extra injectors or Methanol-

im looking to hit 10psi on the 4.3L- does meth allow you to run more boost, i know it allows more timing- i know that extra injectors can do the trick but $500 for extrain jector set-up or $250 for devils own meth. Thanks for the help
Old 06-06-2006, 03:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

meth....
Old 06-06-2006, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

does this mean that meth acts basically just like extra injectors?

Methonal injection is methonal (high octane fuel) and injected into the intake pipes, this helps prevent detonation when you are running on lower octane fuel and or non-intercooled applications. Methonal injection systems can be had for a few hundred dollars.
It can be mixed with water or run straight.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:05 AM
On The Tree

well I would run the meth and see how you like it and what he does to your car....then go from there. If you still end up needing new injectors then so be it but it is always better to be safe then sorry. Just make sure enough fuel is getting to the engine and go from there. I did both on my sts kit of having meth and upgraded the injectors but since i am a v6 my stock injectors of 19lbs just wouldnt work...lol
Old 06-07-2006, 06:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

meth will act like fuel, but you requier about twice the volume of meth that you do gas. the major reason people use meth is to cool the intake charge and to allow you to run more boost, or more timing or more comp ratio. it can be very useful! i would get it tuned in though and have some sort of warning when you are running low (not out!!!) so you can take it easy.

if you want more power you are better running bigger injectors as you are rellying on them to provide the "fuel" for the engine, the meth is just helping out.

thanks Chris.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

If you need more fuel, put bigger injectors in. If you have detonation or high intake air temps.. then put a kit on the car.

Careful using straight alcohol on some kits.. not all things are equal. Just becuase you can run mixes of water and alcohol doesnt mean you can run straight alcohol.

This statement may save your engine.

Quick Reply: Extra injectors or Methanol-