Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

low compression engine?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default low compression engine?

i have forged heads and cam ls1 its 9 5to 1 compression with a procharger.if i removed the procharger naturally aspired how much power would i loose?with nitrous could i make just as much power or would the car be extremly slow?
Old 06-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blank
i have forged heads and cam ls1 its 9 5to 1 compression with a procharger.if i removed the procharger naturally aspired how much power would i loose?with nitrous could i make just as much power or would the car be extremly slow?
Translated to English:

I have a LS1 with forged internals, headwork, and an aftermarket cam. It is at 9.5:1 static compression with a Procharger. If I removed the Procharger and ran the engine normally aspirated, about how much power would I lose? If I then added a nitrous kit would I make just as much power or would the car be extremely slow?

Not an advanced tech question first off. You'd probably lose a decent amount of power, but we need to know a lot more on the motor before we can even guess as to how much. I'd say, if you are pushing ~500 right now, you'd lose 100-150 at 6000rpm, and linearly less as RPM goes lower. With an average sized nitrous kit, say 100-150, you'd probably regain all of the power, and make it much more linear. But you'd lose reliability and dependability.