Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Problems with sdce setup need suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 01:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problems with sdce setup need suggestions.

I bought the sdce 8 rib setup off a member here and Im having some trouble with it. I have a 7.5 crank pulley and 3.7 on the blower. the way the belt is routed I get interference with the water pump pulley. I went on there website to make sure the belt was routed correctly and it seems to be. I dont want to have to go to a smaller lower but it looks like thats the only way to solve my problem. has anyone else had this problem, maybe I have the belt routed wrong.
Also when he sent me the kit it came with a much smaller idler pulley but it seems to be 1/16 of an inch to small for the 8 rib. does anyone know what this is for? In the pics it looks like they use the stock tensioner.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Flossin' twin turbos

idler pulley is like that, you prob don't have the belt routed correctly. did you set the preload on the tensioner before installing the belt
Old 06-12-2006, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default some pics

Here are some pics of the two Idlers. The smaller diameter one is the one that came with the sd setup but the larger one (stock) is the one that is used in the picture on the sd website, Im confused which one do I use? The non ribbed side of the belt doesnt really fit on the pulley about 1/16 to big.
moparnos are you saying that I should use the smaller one and that the belt is supposed to be like that.
thanks for the help keep it coming.