Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Alky / Water injection?

Old 06-14-2006, 08:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alky / Water injection?

I am about to remove the twins on my p1sc 02 Z and go FMIC and install a new fuel system. I am seeing about 7 1/2-8psi now and around 550hp, will my boost go up with the FMIC? If so I guess I might need to lower the boost so I dont go over 550hp on stock block. would it be a good idea to put Alky / Water injection on my setup to make it safer or will it just hurt me by making more power then the stock 346 can handle?
Old 06-14-2006, 08:50 PM
Coal Mining Director

At 7.5psi you shouldn't see a big increase in boost with a larger IC...the better eff of the large IC will offset the minor boost increase...I wouldn't bother with Alky injection at that low of a boost level either.....bolt on the IC and enjoy safer hp with cooler IAT's.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:14 AM
On The Tree

I made about 45rwhp more with the alky injection on 10psi with a p1sc. But that was also b/c I was runnin 5 more degrees of timing then w/o alky injection. This was on the stock ATI intercoolers.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:05 PM
10 Second Club

just remember if that alky system fails or you run out of meth and your car is tuned for more timing you will detonate and hurt your motor. Just something to keep in mind.

A friend of mine melted his forged pistons.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
just remember if that alky system fails or you run out of meth and your car is tuned for more timing you will detonate and hurt your motor. Just something to keep in mind.

Just remember that if your fuel pump fails of you run out of gas while boosting you will hurt your motor.

(sounds silly huh?)

I'm just comparing the two, meth and fuel. Either one can cause motor damage if they fail.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:26 PM
Launching!

I was not wanting to really run it for more "timing" or boost just to make the IAT 's lower and make the car that much more safer under boost I really dont want any more power because I am around 550rwhp on stock block. would it make the car alot safer under boost. or would it put me over the safe/to much power mark with the 18 degree timing I am already at.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM

Street tune is for 17 degrees...so no worries here....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alky / Water injection?