Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone here running the MSD launch boost controller?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 10:51 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone here running the MSD launch boost controller?

Thinking about trying it out since it has a ton of features and is reasonably priced...I only run on the wg springs on the street so the only time I need more boost is on the track so it seems like a perfect fit. Any first-hand experience?
Old 07-03-2006, 08:06 PM
I ruin the end of films...

I was told that it's more of a race-only device. I talked w/ an MSD rep @ PRI when it was first announced and he didn't think it'd work too well on the street. I think it was something to do w/ working it w/ the transbrake, but I don't remember off hand. I had one ordered, but cancelled it and ran a MBC for now.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:27 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by mongse
I was told that it's more of a race-only device. I talked w/ an MSD rep @ PRI when it was first announced and he didn't think it'd work too well on the street. I think it was something to do w/ working it w/ the transbrake, but I don't remember off hand. I had one ordered, but cancelled it and ran a MBC for now.
Yeh it only contols the boost for 12-100 seconds (user selectable) or something but that's fine because I just run on the wastegate springs when I'm cruising on the street. Was more interested in how hard it is to setup the PID portion and get it to control the boost how you want it.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:17 PM
I ruin the end of films...

Have you downloaded Pro-Data+ from MSD site yet? I downloaded it when I was thinking of purchasing the box and it seemed fairly simple to plot a map.
http://www.msdignition.com/exe/prodata314.exe

I need to call MSD about a distributor for my engine. I'll see what additional info I can get.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:44 PM
8 Second Club

Yeh I've read the stuff but I was more concerned about the ease or hardness of dialing in the PID stuff.

Quick Reply: Anyone here running the MSD launch boost controller?