Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Building a TT setup with stock manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Building a TT setup with stock manifolds

i bet its been asked before but i did some searching and even went back several pages but found nothing. can you run stock fbody manifolds in their stock location with a pair of small turbos mounted Incon style? maybe do a little clearencing on the body and run a small starter like Speed INC is on their new tt setup they are building? i dont see why something like this wouldnt work unless maybe the manifold is too long and pushes the turbo down to far? but thats all i can think of..ideas?
Old 07-07-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

no one has done this or even tried it? the more i looked at pics of incon manifolds, the more i think it could work.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:21 AM
DSG
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try it and let us know how it works out. A ton of the Turbo set ups in here were done by trial and error.

The 408 front mount set up I an doing is just going to be a copy of a few poeples I have seen in here.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah originally i was going to build a truck manifold setup but the more i thought about it, the more i really want to keep a/c. then i saw the incon kit and the gears started turning.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Restricted User

I asked Jim the same question after looking at his new TT Setup. Seems there would be room, if not the F Body Mani's then maybe some other kind, but just looks like something would fit in there.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont have an engine to go in my car yet or i would be giving this a shot. i dont see why it wouldnt work. anyone know what size the stock y-pipe is on an 01-02 fbody?
Old 07-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Restricted User

Just read Jim's reply in his TT setup thread. There is a drainback issue with trying to use Stock Manifolds, which explains why dozens before havent gone that route.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CAT3
Just read Jim's reply in his TT setup thread. There is a drainback issue with trying to use Stock Manifolds, which explains why dozens before havent gone that route.
he said you could run a scavange pump but i know nothing about them. is it a bad idea for a street car? i mean i know it adds to the cost but this seems to be about the only turbo setup that you can build that has good ground clearence, retains all accessories and doesnt cost way too much.

theres the idea of building a PTK style kit using a truck manifold and an fbody manifold, but i was reading that PTK kits have a problem with ground clearence. is there anything thats been done about that?

Quick Reply: Building a TT setup with stock manifolds