Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please!!

whats up guys i thought id come over here have a few questions/concerns with my setup. as u see in my sig i have a 2003 silverado ss with a custom twinturbo setup. as of late we have been trying to get some tuning issues taken care of. we have found that i have to bump up to bigger injectors go with a couple of extra fuel pumps ect. anyways for the past few weeks the truck has been smoking. the smell of oil is definetly appararent. i wonder if maybe some of u might think im pushing to much oil through the turbos. i make my stock oil pressure gauge out everytime at wot. the gauge goes to 80 psi. i dont have any restrictors in my lines at all. i do have a tilton oil scavenge pump on to help draw oil out of the turbos. what could be causing the sudden oil issue im having. i by no means am an expert when it comes to this stuff and i need help!! could the pump have taken a dump or from what i read maybe my seals in the turbos? at first it was only blowing smoke on deceleration now its doing it when i get on it. and really does it when the boost is turned up. any help u guys can give would be great thanks
Old 07-09-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well if u have had the turbos in there for a while and all u changed lately was tuning and fuel stuff then i wouldnt think that the oil seals in the turbo woudl be dead. It mroe seems like u may bave some blow by that is pushin the oil mist into the intake throught the PCV system. I had this issue with my stock engine and just disconnected the PCV system. GL man

John
Old 07-09-2006, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

how hard is it to change the oil seals on the turbos? we did the pvc fix this weekend no more oil smell in the cab just the blow by smoke like i stated above.. anyone know what is the recommended psi level for the turbos? just seems wierd that im maxing my stock gauge out. wether or not that is actually a correct reading i dont know.. on a side not if the oil seals are bad on the turbos is it fine to drive till i get the new seals? this is my daily driver afraid to say. i havent been driving it hard since the issue has accured just want to make sure thanks guys

Last edited by iwineng03ss; 07-09-2006 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much smoke/ oil did you have coming out of the PCV hose, idling?
Old 07-10-2006, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

never seen any smoke come out of it at idle. just could smell it. all the smoke is exiting the exhaust tips.. and it only smokes when u get on it hard and stay on it for a period of time.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:41 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

The oil seals in the turbo are like piston rings. When they are leaking its more likely because the oil level is too high and oil is flowing over the seals into the intake and the exhaust tracks.

Sounds like you need a restrictor (nitrous jet) in your oil line.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

i ended up going with these restrictors

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/me...egory_Code=OIL

Quick Reply: help please!!