Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ProCharger inlet help...

Old 07-11-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ProCharger inlet help...

Can all the "space challenged" ProCharger guys post up (pics would be great) what they are using for the inlet of compressor side of the blower for their plumbing to your air filter...

My last set up was not optimal so I'm making a few changes and will be trying the 4 inch "Cobra Head elbow" with better, heavier ducting to the large K&N. Not sure if this will work because the lack of space but giving it a shot. Pic of the elbow and filter set up for my LS2/408/F1.

A little update from some recent tuning before I hit the rollers...This new set up feels great. Cars pulls pretty damn hard making 18 lbs from the F1. Only problem is the RC 75lb injectors are at 202% duty cycle when set at 58 psi base pressure with vacuum off regulator then seeing 50-52 at gauge when vacuum is reattatched! We decided to up the pressure to 58psi at the gauge to see if that helps lower the duty cycle. Looks like I'll be needing some bigger injectors or meth...or both!

Anyone have info on some large high imp injectors if these don't work out...?
Old 07-11-2006, 07:02 PM
9 Second Club

www.acceleronics.com

Im running their 96s with their impedence converter, works great!

BTW that rubber cobra head will last exactly 1 WOT blast before it is ingested through the blower, don't waste your money on anything except a metal intake elbow/piping to the filter, anything else will collapse and try to be eaten....
Old 07-11-2006, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Tiago...so the low imp 96's are fine and no prob tuning?...guess so looks like Eric has your tune down. I already ordered that f'n hat so I guess I'll send it back. I believe its a hard plastic not rubber...I'll see when it gets here and may let you look at it before I install it.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HOLY AIR FILTER BATMANn!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Might need a bigger air filter to get the package to work.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:27 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,087 Likes on 716 Posts

I have that same cobrahead around here. I'd be suprised if it collapsed. Someone buy it from me!
Old 07-12-2006, 06:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DJ's99SS
Can all the "space challenged" ProCharger guys post up (pics would be great) what they are using for the inlet of compressor side of the blower for their plumbing to your air filter...

My last set up was not optimal so I'm making a few changes and will be trying the 4 inch "Cobra Head elbow" with better, heavier ducting to the large K&N. Not sure if this will work because the lack of space but giving it a shot. Pic of the elbow and filter set up for my LS2/408/F1.

A little update from some recent tuning before I hit the rollers...This new set up feels great. Cars pulls pretty damn hard making 18 lbs from the F1. Only problem is the RC 75lb injectors are at 202% duty cycle when set at 58 psi base pressure with vacuum off regulator then seeing 50-52 at gauge when vacuum is reattatched! We decided to up the pressure to 58psi at the gauge to see if that helps lower the duty cycle. Looks like I'll be needing some bigger injectors or meth...or both!

Anyone have info on some large high imp injectors if these don't work out...?

18lbs?? What pulley sizes are you running? Do you have the SCDE tensioner setup? How high are you twisting it?
Old 07-12-2006, 07:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blown408
18lbs?? What pulley sizes are you running? Do you have the SCDE tensioner setup? How high are you twisting it?
Running the 4" blower and 7.25" crank. Yes I'm running the SCDE set up zero belt issues so far. I'm turning it around 7,000...
Old 07-12-2006, 08:09 AM
TECH Regular

Running the 4" blower and 7.25" crank. Yes I'm running the SCDE set up zero belt issues so far. I'm turning it around 7,000...
I am running the 7.25"/4.10" with the SDCE and I saw a max of 15 on the dyno. My graph looked crazy though, apparently my belt was a little too long. I put a shorter belt on it, but it was a Dayco. Now I think it is slipping as I am only seeing about 10 lbs. I run mine up to 7200. I have ordered a Napa belt, I hope that gives me my boost back (and then some).

Good luck with it.

By the way, do you have any numbers yet or is it still to early? I ended up with 750 rwhp and 600 ft lbs on a DynoJet with 8:1 (408) compression and 93 octane.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:19 AM
kp
8 Second Club

I am running the 7.25"/4.10" with the SDCE and I saw a max of 15 on the dyno. My graph looked crazy though, apparently my belt was a little too long. I put a shorter belt on it, but it was a Dayco. Now I think it is slipping as I am only seeing about 10 lbs. I run mine up to 7200. I have ordered a Napa belt, I hope that gives me my boost back (and then some).

Good luck with it.

By the way, do you have any numbers yet or is it still to early? I ended up with 750 rwhp and 600 ft lbs on a DynoJet with 8:1 (408) compression and 93 octane.

For some odd reason the NAPA belts work the best, I had a goodyear gatorback on here earlier in the year (figured new motor, new belt) and that thing was sliping pretty good in 1st gear at the track. Bought a new Napa belt and everything was back to normal..

I am thinking of switching to an F1/F1C but I'm not sure the SDCE will handle it - waiting to see how you guys do I never had any trouble on the dyno, is the quick acceleration in 1st gear at the track that it was slipping.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by kp
For some odd reason the NAPA belts work the best, I had a goodyear gatorback on here earlier in the year (figured new motor, new belt) and that thing was sliping pretty good in 1st gear at the track. Bought a new Napa belt and everything was back to normal..

I am thinking of switching to an F1/F1C but I'm not sure the SDCE will handle it - waiting to see how you guys do I never had any trouble on the dyno, is the quick acceleration in 1st gear at the track that it was slipping.
Yeah the one I used on the dyno was a Napa, but it was a little too long. I would love to be able to max out my F1 like I planned, but everyone says there is no way I can do it with the 8 rib setup.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:46 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Thats what I'm afraid of, the 8 rib wont be enough.. FWIW the belt I use is a 080525, worked fine with the 4.1-3.4 pulley on mine.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Call SDCE
Old 07-12-2006, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good luck with it.

Will be hitting the dyno early next week. My compression is slightly higher and I'm also running 93 oct. I'll post up as soon as we get some numbers...

I've yet to see ANY problems with the 8 rib SDCE tensioner set up hitting 18psi and hitting 7260 rpms on one pass...so far so good!
Old 07-12-2006, 11:08 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Will be hitting the dyno early next week. My compression is slightly higher and I'm also running 93 oct. I'll post up as soon as we get some numbers...

I've yet to see ANY problems with the 8 rib SDCE tensioner set up hitting 18psi and hitting 7260 rpms on one pass...so far so good!
Thas cool, you have a regular F1 on there or F1C?

Curious to see how it holds up, may try an F1 before I swap to a turbo if the 8 rib can hold it.

This is all I use for an inlet, it picks up a little peak boost if I take it off but doesnt change my ET any. The F1 will probbaly need something a little better, not a lot of room to work with there.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by kp
Thats what I'm afraid of, the 8 rib wont be enough.. FWIW the belt I use is a 080525, worked fine with the 4.1-3.4 pulley on mine.
That is the belt length I am using. I was hoping that with the F1, with the higher step up ratio and larger pullies, I would have a lesser chance with belt slip. I may try to go to a 7.65 crank pulley and larger blower pulley if I keep having problem.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:11 AM
TECH Regular

I hope this new belt will give me 18lbs.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:15 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by kp

Curious to see how it holds up, may try an F1 before I swap to a turbo if the 8 rib can hold it.

This is all I use for an inlet, it picks up a little peak boost if I take it off but doesnt change my ET any. The F1 will probbaly need something a little better, not a lot of room to work with there.

LOL, I tried like hell to get mine to fit on the F1 with no luck. My problem is that the blower outlet is clocked differently than it came from Procharger, so the intercooler piping gets in the way. I have not had a filter on mine since I put it on the car.
The way yours is routed, you may be able to get it to work. I had to trim the lip under the radiator to make more room for the intake tube to fit over the blower inlet. After I did this, I found out that my intercooler piping was going to be in the way.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Addict

We are going to try a mashrom HKS on the blower it self. We should have the results from the dyno soon. The test is going to show stock inlet hat with filter, HKS filter and no hat at all. I know we picked up 80rwhp 130rwtq and 2psi just from removing the hat and stock filter.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kp

I'm running the F1. Is that the ATI inlet hat and filter they provide or something all together diff? I had read that you picked up some boost but no ET and that seemed a little strange...your right not alot of room to work here AT ALL!! Thanks for the info...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ProCharger inlet help...