Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS Turbo

Ok, I posted this in the forced induction section and didnt get a response, so i'll try here. I am looking at a camaro ss to buy. has an sts rear mounted turbo kit on it. The owner told me it has 4.25" of ground clearance where the turbo sits. This seems to me to be a ridiculously horrible ground clearance. I live in PA and the roads arent flat and between that and speed bumps I am seriously concerned. Should I be? What do you guys think.. and if you have the STS rear mounted kit, how much ground clearance do you have? Are there any ways that this 4.25" can be increased? Thanks
Old 07-12-2006, 09:35 PM
SSU, come over and relax

i wouldnt buy a car modded like that. who knows what that guy did/has done to it
Old 07-12-2006, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Question

4.5 " of clearance sounds about right..i don't like those sts kits myself..would NEVER get one...I have only seen pictures of cars with them and they always look like they hang low.

Last edited by NHRAMAN; 07-12-2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
4.5 " of clearance sounds about right..i don't like those sts kits myself..would NEVER get one...I have only seen pictures of cars with them and they always look like they hang low.
you must have seen plenty of these cars from behind then!!! as they pulled away from you, dont be a hater. 4" is plenty of clearance wont be a problem.

Quick Reply: STS Turbo