Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

what kind of hp can I make with my disc, what parts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default what kind of hp can I make with my disc, what parts?

Ive currently got an 8 rib d1sc twin high flow intercooler setup on a 00 ws6 m6 running 11 psi making 475 rwhp on a mustang dyno, (around 525 on a dynojet) stock motor, just pacesetter headers and true dual exhaust. I knew this time would come quick, IM BORED!!! I need more power. I was wondering what kind of power I can make if I max out my d1sc on a stock block, obviously change rods, pistons, pushrods, cam, and maybe a set of truck heads (lq9?) I am on a bit of a budget however and my car still has the stock diff. what kind of power do you guys think I can make, how big of cam, what compression, how would the streetability of the car be affected. thanks for your guys imput
Old 07-22-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only saw 465rwhp (stang dyno) @ 8lbs with my d1sc. I went with a fully built w2w 346 forged blower motor. A change in the cam/ heads will help with your setup. I would not take the d1sc passed 8lbs. I cracked two cylinder heads doing so. Hope this helps.

J
Old 07-23-2006, 01:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Talk to kp about maxing out a D1. He's running 9s off his setup, so Im sure he could help you out.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

i am sure bob from EPP will chime in here and give you all the info you could want.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i hope so. his guys were great when I was down there. not going to do anything till winter though so i dident want to bother him right now
Old 07-25-2006, 05:44 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by lmt0705
Ive currently got an 8 rib d1sc twin high flow intercooler setup on a 00 ws6 m6 running 11 psi making 475 rwhp on a mustang dyno, (around 525 on a dynojet) stock motor, just pacesetter headers and true dual exhaust. I knew this time would come quick, IM BORED!!! I need more power. I was wondering what kind of power I can make if I max out my d1sc on a stock block, obviously change rods, pistons, pushrods, cam, and maybe a set of truck heads (lq9?) I am on a bit of a budget however and my car still has the stock diff. what kind of power do you guys think I can make, how big of cam, what compression, how would the streetability of the car be affected. thanks for your guys imput

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=27

You can boost a 346 with good rods and pistons to over 700 rwhp quite easily. Check out the link above. Mild Lingenfelter GT2-3 cam was used, along with Patriot LQ9 stage 3 heads. 16 psi of boost from the D-1SC makes this for an exciting car to drive. It would go sideways at 80 mph! I'd shoot for a compression ratio of 9.5/1, and it will run just fine of 93 octane.
That stock rear should be sold off before it breaks, and a Moser 9 inch installed in it's place. I would go with a spool with the power that it will be asked to handle. Bob

Quick Reply: what kind of hp can I make with my disc, what parts?