Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Vortech Users help please

Old 08-16-2006, 06:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortech Users help please

Is anyone using one of the Vortech maxflow bypass valves? I was seeing 9lbs on a 2.75 pulley with the stock bosch valve and now i have a 2.5 pulley and the vortech bypass valve and Iam not seeing any change in boost. I dont feel that i am getting alot of belt slippage either. And when i adjust the spring tension on the bypass valve it makes not significant changes to the boost/power???? I would think that I would have seen itleast 12lbs.....

Has anyone seen more than 9-10lbs with a G Trim ?
Old 08-16-2006, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

when I was g-trimmed..i dont think i got more than 6psi out of..even with the smallest pulley.

upgraded to the T-Trim..and good 12lbs..and still had another pulley to go.

get the maxflow..it looks a lot better

http://www.rmcrperformance.com/IMG_0824.JPG
Old 08-16-2006, 09:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I had the 418 CID and 2.75 pulley I saw 5 lbs.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

Not sure if this is the same as the one you are using. I had a similar problem. Turned out to be a leak in the bypass valve but not because of spring adjust. There is an o-ring that seals the valve and it sits in its own groove. Under full boost it will unseat the o-ring and blow it around to the other side of the piston. If you take the valve off and look down the exit you may see the o-ring above the piston. Vortech recommends some gasket seal to hold the o-ring in it groove. After I did that I had no more problems. Hope that helps.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GTOLarry
Not sure if this is the same as the one you are using. I had a similar problem. Turned out to be a leak in the bypass valve but not because of spring adjust. There is an o-ring that seals the valve and it sits in its own groove. Under full boost it will unseat the o-ring and blow it around to the other side of the piston. If you take the valve off and look down the exit you may see the o-ring above the piston. Vortech recommends some gasket seal to hold the o-ring in it groove. After I did that I had no more problems. Hope that helps.
Nice goat. Used to have a red 67 Lemans myself.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:13 AM
9 Second Club

Hmm Maybe thats what happened to mine. Ive got the RMCR kit and I went from 11psi and 650 rwhp to 623 @ 9 psi. Ill have to look @ that when I get home. Interesting.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vortech Users help please