Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Thats it, I am worried.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 06:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thats it, I am worried.....

So the guy that owned the car prior to me got all the goodies installed, 50lb injectors, ati d1sc blower, new fuel pump, yada yada yada, you know the way it goes. I get the car and it runs SUPER rich, nice big black smoke cloud at full throttle, the guys at livernois said it should be tuned to have some smoke, but maybe the guy has the ratio too high. Then when I am driving home the other day, my gas tank reads 1/4 tank and I run out of gas. I am afraid the car might not have had a very good install.. Am i just being paranoid? I am going to have it re-tuned comed next spring after i buy a new intake and tb by livernois, hopefully everything can get all fixed, but for the time being, do i have anything to worry about besides the damn gas prices because i drink it like nobodies business.....
Old 08-17-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Regular

Well I would say you would have to worry about your problem with drinking gas....that cant be too good...but other than that it probably just needs a good tune...
Also, the pump is sitting too high off the bottom of the tank..that is why it is reading 1/4 tank still...the person who installed it didnt cut out the canister to let the pump lay on the bottom.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

so in order to fix the gas guage i need to remove the pump, cut the canister, and then re install it? and then that problem should/would be fixed?
Old 08-18-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by blown00ls1
so in order to fix the gas guage i need to remove the pump, cut the canister, and then re install it? and then that problem should/would be fixed?
Yes, unless they bent the float while they installed the pump but I would bet that the pump is just not down far enough.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

or the sending unit is crap.. i heard most of these cars have a problem like this... mine is EM-T (lol) at about 1/8 of a tank...
Old 08-19-2006, 07:14 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drinking a lot of gas is not good on the cylinder walls and the rings. The first thing I would do is replace both front 02 sensors, and see if the gas mileage improves. These 02 sensors should be replaced at least every 30k miles, but are seldom replaced. When 02's go bad, they don't always throw a code either. Bob