Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Some STS Help

Old 08-23-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Some STS Help

I've been haveing issues with oil driping out of my filter from the valve that comes with the kit. This is the valve thats right above the thermostat. Does anyone else have this issue, if so what can I do to prevent it. I'm not sure if I need a catch can or if its just broken. Any help is apprecaited.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

No one else has this problem
Old 08-23-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do a search on this. Lots of info. The valve is worthless and I deleted mine only after running the car a few times. You will need to engineer a better way for crankcase ventilation since there is a lot of blowby when under boost. Lots of info on that too!
Old 08-24-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SilverSS
Do a search on this. Lots of info. The valve is worthless and I deleted mine only after running the car a few times. You will need to engineer a better way for crankcase ventilation since there is a lot of blowby when under boost. Lots of info on that too!
Thanks for the info. Do you have pics of your setup.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I feel your pain. The STS oil return and crankcase ventilation system doesn't seem to work for me either. I've got a rats nest of tubes and checkvalves that has mostly eliminated the problem. I am eventually going to do it right.

Anyway, look at the various PCV threads in this section. There are alot of ways to cure your problem.

Briefly, here is what you will find; you can always just put a big breather on your valve cover to do it cheap and dirty (your car will smell like an old truck though when you drive it). The best way is to get some vacumn in the crankcase during boost. One way this is done is to put a line to the air inlet of the turbo from the crankcase (use a catch can and check valve when you do this). Do you still have the PCV system hooked up like normal? If so, you need a check valve there too (pcv type valves are not good enough for this).

Oh yeah, and tap your oil pan to return the oil.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

search terms: oil pcv catch can

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Some STS Help