Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone using the Griffin radiator with the ATI shroud and A/C?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 12:09 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone using the Griffin radiator with the ATI shroud and A/C?

Found a new Griffin radiator for an LS1 application, its a good deal, I have a fluidyne on order which is supposed to fit great, but this griffin is a couple hundred less. I just don't have any room to modify or move anything, so I need it to bolt right in and use the ATI shroud, just like my stocker.

Anyone using one? How do you like it? How well did it fit?

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2006, 05:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont use one but; i work here at Griffin can you possibly send a picture of the ATI shroud? More and more i see where people are asking about this and to tell you the truth if there is a way to get the dimensions we could do a version specific for the ATI setup. Just let me know what radiator you bought and we can go from there.

James
Old 08-29-2006, 07:29 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMMYZZ28
we could do a version specific for the ATI setup. Just let me know what radiator you bought and we can go from there.

James

Please do not wait a day to start on this!
Old 08-29-2006, 06:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Very interested in a specific radiator for the ATI
Old 08-29-2006, 11:27 PM
TECH Resident

Smile

How long is it going to take to build that Griffin radiator? PSJ waited 7 months I think to get his intercooler from Griffin.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:06 AM
Launching!

Default Griffin Items

Originally Posted by NoMoreLS1
How long is it going to take to build that Griffin radiator? PSJ waited 7 months I think to get his intercooler from Griffin.
Yeah he did......this was when the company was in the middle of changing hands and had to deal with poor management and lack of funds. Build time right now is 2-3 weeks. As you might have noticed the intercooler is in PSJ car and should be dynoed this week. I honestly know what it is like waiting for something to get your ride going and when the former owners pulled me out of the loop I asked PSJ to take the Griffin info of my log in name. Shortly after John has dynoed the car with the new type of core inside it I will post a here in the forum and ask for everynes help to pick out a dozen or so sized cores to stock here. As for the ATI radiator I need someone to step up and help with the design of the radiator that we can build around the shroud. I also have the new line of Spal fans comming and it maybe possible to upgrade this item as well. Again if anyone out there right now has any issues with Griffin that are not resolved please let me know and they will go right to the top........

James
Old 08-30-2006, 10:00 AM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up

Yeah he did......this was when the company was in the middle of changing hands and had to deal with poor management and lack of funds. Build time right now is 2-3 weeks. As you might have noticed the intercooler is in PSJ car and should be dynoed this week. I honestly know what it is like waiting for something to get your ride going and when the former owners pulled me out of the loop I asked PSJ to take the Griffin info of my log in name. Shortly after John has dynoed the car with the new type of core inside it I will post a here in the forum and ask for everynes help to pick out a dozen or so sized cores to stock here. As for the ATI radiator I need someone to step up and help with the design of the radiator that we can build around the shroud. I also have the new line of Spal fans comming and it maybe possible to upgrade this item as well. Again if anyone out there right now has any issues with Griffin that are not resolved please let me know and they will go right to the top........

James
I am not knocking the Griffin products... I use a Griffin FMIC actually. I received it is less than 2 weeks from the day that I ordered directly from Griffin. I couldn't beat the price either. Good to hear that Griffin is making efforts to provide excellent customer service again.
I'm happy with my Griffin product.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:53 AM
Launching!

If you are happy with that core that you have now, wait till you get your hands on the new style..... Bar&plate circa WW2, stuffed tube was awesome and still rips but; we had a new core sent to GM and it came back with a 98% efficient rating. Doesnt hurt that BD power gave us a 96% rating on the calorimeter either. Everyone here probably has a bad story or knows someone that has a one about Griffin. Here is the open call for a B***h session. I have spoke with the new top people here at Griffin and everytime that there is a negative or positive statement it is sent to the new owners. If there is any issue that is traced to a certain area it will be handled accordingly. Even my position in engineering is not safe. PSJ has really helped with the promotion of Griffin intercoolers here on the forum so it is kind of sake to say he will get first dibs at the prototype items. I know there are several sponsors here that purchase from Griffin now or used to. If you had any type of heat exchanger on order with them say in the last 18 months that you were wondering WTF it wasnt them that the hold up was. Just let me know if i can answer anything as far as design goes and if you have questions or comments they will be herd.....
Old 08-30-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up

If you are happy with that core that you have now, wait till you get your hands on the new style..... Bar&plate circa WW2, stuffed tube was awesome and still rips but; we had a new core sent to GM and it came back with a 98% efficient rating. Doesnt hurt that BD power gave us a 96% rating on the calorimeter either. Everyone here probably has a bad story or knows someone that has a one about Griffin. Here is the open call for a B***h session. I have spoke with the new top people here at Griffin and everytime that there is a negative or positive statement it is sent to the new owners. If there is any issue that is traced to a certain area it will be handled accordingly. Even my position in engineering is not safe. PSJ has really helped with the promotion of Griffin intercoolers here on the forum so it is kind of sake to say he will get first dibs at the prototype items. I know there are several sponsors here that purchase from Griffin now or used to. If you had any type of heat exchanger on order with them say in the last 18 months that you were wondering WTF it wasnt them that the hold up was. Just let me know if i can answer anything as far as design goes and if you have questions or comments they will be herd.....
Send me the new style at no cost and I'll send my old one back to you.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TS6
Found a new Griffin radiator for an LS1 application, its a good deal, I have a fluidyne on order which is supposed to fit great, but this griffin is a couple hundred less. I just don't have any room to modify or move anything, so I need it to bolt right in and use the ATI shroud, just like my stocker.

Anyone using one? How do you like it? How well did it fit?

Thanks!
I have one. It's about 3 times as thick as the stock radiator so watch your clearances. My radiator has been moved forward to give me some extra room. The ATI shroud slips right onto it. I am happy with it. Unfortunately, it's not gonna help you until you solve your airflow problem though.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

Also, now that I think about it, Slowhawk did some customizing to my radiator support and some things to direct airflow. Might not be a bolt-it part, but a professional wouldn't have a problem with it.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Just so you know we have the capabilities to do a single row 1.00" 1.25" and 1.50" as well as the capabilities to do double rows of these. The tanks for the single row are about 2.25" wide. The 2 row units are 3.00" except for the 1.50" version. Most universal radiators are the same type so availability and price should be your only decision on where to purchase. The fins are roughly .330"-.375" tall and 15 fpi. If you want to think about it we have means of producing .251" tall fin (more tubes less ambient pressure drop). This is not standard anywhere but if you considered going with a single row 1.50" unit with .251" fin then you could save alot of space and have a much more efficient rad. This is what we put on the drift cars expensive because of the cnc time involved but; effective.

James

Quick Reply: Anyone using the Griffin radiator with the ATI shroud and A/C?