Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Vortech users come in

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortech users come in

I am in the process of changing out my oil feed line because it keeps melting against my headers and leaking, so I ordered up some 6AN line and some fittings to replace the brass ones on the supercharger unit. I have an LT1 block and the fitting that goes into my block above my filter is 1/4NPTx6AN and it fits fine. However I noticed that the ID's of my new 6AN braided and the stock vortech one are different, mine is bigger, the stock looks to be about 1/4" ID, will there be any problems if I enlarge the diameter of the oil feed hose to a bigger one? I'm assuming it will be just fine as bigger diameter=more oil flow. Also, does anyone know the thread size of the brass fittings that screw directly into the supercharger unit? They look to be 1/8 ID? I have a LT1 vortech kit, A Trim.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:26 PM
9 Second Club

NO. Your good to go. I did the same thing. It doesnt matter anyway. The flow is controlled by the oil nozzle that sprays the gears. I clean my screen inside my oil nozzle after every oil change. Which I got to do twice with my old motor
Old 08-28-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks a lot, now I just need to find a 6an to ?NPT fitting that'll go into the vortech unit!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I removed the little screen on the Vortech oil nozzle and added an Earl's inline screen filter right before the blower. Didn't like the idea of that little screen ever clogging, plus it's a pain to clean. Now I can clean the big filter yearly. Vortech said it was OK to do. I also used -6 braided line. OK to go bigger, just not a lot smaller.

Jim
Old 08-29-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What fitting did you use to adapt a 6an female hose end to the vortech head unit?
Old 08-31-2006, 06:38 AM
Teching In

Hey...
please could you help me about what is the best camshaft for supercharge for pontiac GTO 2004
Old 08-31-2006, 05:40 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by misho911
Hey...
please could you help me about what is the best camshaft for supercharge for pontiac GTO 2004
You can find a lot of info here.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php

And when asking questions, its better to start a new thread ( after exhausting the search engine ) rather than starting in the middle of someone elses.
You will get more people viewing it, and a better chance of the answer you want.

Another response I'll give....How long is a piece of string ?

Camshaft choice depends on many things, firstly what the user wants from it and the type of setup you run ( ie engine spec, blower type etc etc )

Give some details, so people can make an attempt to give a decent reccomendation for you.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
You can find a lot of info here.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?

And when asking questions, its better to start a new thread ( after exhausting the search engine ) rather than starting in the middle of someone elses.
You will get more people viewing it, and a better chance of the answer you want.

Another response I'll give....How long is a piece of string ?

Camshaft choice depends on many things, firstly what the user wants from it and the type of setup you run ( ie engine spec, blower type etc etc )

Give some details, so people can make an attempt to give a decent reccomendation for you.