Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

PVC boosted blow-by!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PVC boosted blow-by!

Hi;

I have been made to understand that a single check valve under boost in line with a PCV would keep pressure in the engine when it is boosting. Probably not a good thing especially at higher boost levels so I was wondering if anyone has tried a second check valve on a vent line which would be closed by vacuum and when under boost could vent for the engines blow-by?

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2006, 04:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, it's a one way check valve that keeps you from boosting the crankcase. That's why they have breathers and what not or a system with catch can connected to the intake side of the turbo that always vacuum on it to relieve the pressure.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Teching In

I don't know about anyone else but I installed my check valve so that the flow is the same as for the pcv valve. It only allows flow from the cankcase to the intake manifold and air intake. The purpose of the check valve is to keep boosted air out of the crankcase.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stopltracr
I don't know about anyone else but I installed my check valve so that the flow is the same as for the pcv valve. It only allows flow from the cankcase to the intake manifold and air intake. The purpose of the check valve is to keep boosted air out of the crankcase.
Exactly, that's why its a 1-way check valve, will flow the opposite direction, and connect the hoses in the valve covers to the catch can and that to the intake side of the turbo. =)
Old 09-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Banned

Rear mount turbos are kind of a pain to tie into! I'm venting upfront an underneath part time and hoping to use the stock stuff as much as possible with two check valves.

Last edited by rosulekg; 09-11-2006 at 05:23 PM.